Xbox rolled out its newest feature known as “Xbox Cloud Gaming” in November 2021. It is released for players with Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X models. PlayStation’s biggest rival, Xbox, is a video gaming brand owned by Microsoft. It became a wild success among gamers when it was launched in November 2001. The brand owns games, Xbox consoles, Xbox network, and Xbox Game Studios. The company keeps on introducing the newest technologies in the gaming world. Therefore, Xbox Cloud Gaming is one of the newest concepts that has now become a reality.
You need to have a Game Pass Ultimate Subscription to unlock this new feature. The latest model of Xbox console (fourth generation) was released on November 10, 2022. Furthermore, they are known as Xbox Series X/S and are the ninth generation of gaming consoles available. Microsoft came up with Smart Delivery System for these models. This means that its first and third-party games will offer free updates to Xbox One versions of games to the Xbox Series X/S version over the first few years of the model’s launch. Read on to find more about what Xbox Cloud gaming really is and why is it called the future of gaming?
What are the benefits of Xbox Cloud Gaming?
In April, Xbox cloud gaming was a feature that was available to invite-only beta users on IOS and PC. However, the new feature is now available to all the Game Pass Ultimate Subscribers from 25 countries. It is still in the Beta version and will soon be available to everyone in early 2022. Xbox Cloud Gaming is known as the future of Gaming. Apple has been working on a similar interface feature, but Microsoft is the first one to release it. There are a lot of exciting benefits of Xbox Cloud Gaming.
- You can use it to try games available on Game Pass without having to download them fully.
- Players can play in multiplayer mode just with their friend’s invite. They can stream the multiplayer game without even installing it.
- If you own Xbox One, you will get exclusive access to some next-generation games like The Medium, The Riftbreaker, etc.
- It will help you save time and storage as you don’t have to wait to download the game before playing it.
- You can resume playing Xbox console games on any device such as PC, mobile phones, or tablets.
- Xbox is adding a lot of new games every day on its gaming cloud. So, you will have a lot of game options.
How to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?
You can buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate through the Xbox website itself. It is available for only $1 for the first month. However, the monthly renewable price of the pass is $14.99. There are lots of exciting benefits of purchasing Game Pass Ultimate. You will get access to the cloud feature. You get access of Game studio titles on the same day it is released. There are exclusive member discounts and deals available. Apparently, it also includes EA Play membership and Xbox Live Gold.
Am I eligible for the new feature?
- After purchasing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you are required to have a high-speed wifi or mobile data connection.
- Controllers that are available with this new feature are Xbox wireless controllers and controllers that are identified as ‘Official Xbox’ or ‘Designed for Xbox’. Other verified controllers will also work with the cloud, but you won’t be able to have a smooth experience. As they are not specifically optimized.
Cloud gaming on Xbox is compatible with a number of devices. Some of the verified devices are Android devices, Windows 10 devices, and Apple devices.
- Phones: iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPads: iPad Air (3rd Gen), iPad Air (4th Gen), iPad Pro 11 2nd Gen, iPad Mini 5th Gen, iPad 8th Gen
- Windows Devices: Surface Go, Surface Go 2, Surface Pro 6, Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7+, Surface Laptop, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Book 2
The list of countries that are eligible for Xbox Cloud Gaming is as follows:
|Hong Kong SAR
|United Arab Emirates