Survive The Raft’s debut season final episodes are making their way to the small screens, and the audience can’t get enough of the renewal of this 1970s social experiment. For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, It is essentially a revival of a psychological and social sciences experiment in which a group of investigators put a group of people from different walks of life, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors on a raft to undergo a series of challenges.
If they cooperate, they get a reward. If they antagonize each other, they lose a fraction of the reward. In this version, the group is put on a gigantic raft in the middle of the ocean where they must undergo all sorts of challenges: skinny people must lift heavy things, muscular people must solve complex puzzles, religious people must have their beliefs challenged, and everything in between.
As we see, things get more complex with each episode, and with only a few left, we’re left wondering who’s coming up on top.
Survive The Raft Episode 8 Recap
The recent developments in Survive The Raft are, in my opinion, very dissatisfactory. There’s no action; there’s no discussion, right now. Every cast member seems to be focused on a non-aggression pact they deem “Kumbayah”. Since we’re in the bottom part of the season, there are no new contestants, and the remaining ones have been together for sixteen days.
The only major twist is that now, they can vote people off the raft. This is met with mixed reactions, because some participants see it as a chance to get a bigger cash prize while reducing the group, while others try to convince others that the “Kumbayah” alliance and approach is better for everyone for the sake of cohesion. It seems as though those in the raft don’t want “Survive The Raft” to become “Big Brother in the Middle of the Ocean”.
As for the dynamics among the contestants, it is evident that alliances and rivalries are taking shape. Take, for example, Garrett, who’s a target of the group’s criticism because he does very little to contribute.
Then there’s Russell, whose strategy is to make it through all the challenges with a little help from everybody and see that everyone makes it. Still, that viewpoint has a lot of resistance from those who are focused on winning individually.
Survive The Raft Episode 9 Release Date
Survive The Raft Episode 9 will stream on Discovery Plus on Sunday, 24 September 2023, at 22:00 hrs Eastern Time, United States. Each episode lasts around one hour. The upcoming episode’s title is “Two-Faced Bitch”. In the following list, you’ll find the regional time release schedule for this program.
- Pacific Time (PT): September 24, 2023, at 18:00 (6:00 PM)
- Central Time (CT): September 24, 2023, at 20:00 (8:00 PM)
- Mountain Time (MT): September 24, 2023, at 19:00 (7:00 PM)
- British Summer Time (BST): September 25, 2023, at 02:00 (2:00 AM) on the following day
- Central European Summer Time (CEST): September 25, 2023, at 03:00 (3:00 AM) on the following day
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): September 25, 2023, at 11:00 (11:00 AM) on the following day
- Sydney Time (Australia): September 25, 2023, at 11:00 (11:00 AM) on the following day
- Melbourne Time (Australia): September 25, 2023, at 11:00 (11:00 AM) on the following day
- Brisbane Time (Australia): September 25, 2023, at 10:00 (10:00 AM) on the following day
- India Standard Time (IST): September 25, 2023, at 06:30 (6:30 AM) on the following day
- Singapore Time (SGT): September 25, 2023, at 09:00 (9:00 AM) on the following day
- New Zealand Standard Time (NZST): September 25, 2023, at 15:00 (3:00 PM) on the following day.
Survive The Raft Episode Guide
Survive The Raft airs on Sunday nights. Consult our episode guide, mark your calendar, and never miss a single moment of this renewal of an old social experiment to see who comes up winning.
- Episode 1: “This Isn’t A Game” – 30 July 2023
- Episode 2: “This Bitch Bites” – 6 August 2023
- Episode 3: “Your Secret Is Safe With Me” – 13 August 2023
- Episode 4: “Prepare to Send Nudes” – 20 August 2023
- Episode 5: “Step Back and Watch It Burn” – 27 August 2023
- Episode 6: “I Was Betrayed” – 3 September 2023
- Episode 7: “He’s Thinking With His D” – 10 September 2023
- Episode 8: “This Is Gonna Get Real Messy” – 17 September 2023
- Episode 9: “Two-Faced Bitch” – 24 September 2023
Survive The Raft Streaming Guide
Survive the Raft is a Discovery Channel original show and is broadcast in exclusivity there. Watch the episodes at the times and dates described above. You can watch Discovery from your cable subscription or online with your cable credentials from Discovery’s website or its app.
How To Watch Survive The Raft With Live Streaming?
Survive The Raft is an ongoing season; live television streaming subscription providers like Fubo TV, Spectrum on Demand, IPTV, Philo, and Hulu + Live TV will stream the show during its broadcast times.
Consider Discovery+ To Watch Survive The Raft
If you like to watch Survive the Raft and similar shows, consider getting for only $5.99 a month subscription to the WarnerMedia-owned Discovery+ platform, a globally available streaming service that distributes all of Discovery Network’s content.
Either as a standalone platform or bundled on top of your Amazon Prime Video subscription, you’ll get unlimited ad-free access to the entirety of Discovery Network’s content; this includes Animal Planet, TLC, Food Network, A&E, Investigation Discovery, History Channel, Discovery Kids and many more!
Also Read: Best TV Shows of Howie Mandel