90 Day Fiance: The Other Way’s fifth season kicked off, and with so many spinoffs I sometimes have to wonder what show am I watching. In any case, it’s the same rinse-and-repeat format that’s worked for TLC all these years. Six Americans date or blindly date a foreigner in hopes of getting that immigrant visa.
The show likes to explore culture shocks and clashes and sometimes is exaggerated in its drama. After the debut episode that presented us with the participants this season, I’m going to unpack a bit of the things that are going on here.
90 Day Fiance: The Other Way Season 5 Episode 1 Recap
The first couple mentioned is Kenny and Armando, who have appeared on previous seasons of the show. Why they are still on the show if they are getting a divorce? Is this genuine or scripted for drama?
TJ and Kimberly, are a mismatched couple who met on social media. I find it absurd that Kimberly claims to have dreamt about their engagement and wedding, and I question the authenticity of their relationship.
Shekinah and TJ, who met through a dating site for Jehovah’s Witnesses. There are a lot of potential conflicts in their relationship, as well as Shekinah’s obsession with fairy tales.
Holly and Wayne are the next couple. Holly’s infatuation with the Rapunzel story and her decision to move to South Africa, despite safety concerns, is at best, questionable. As for Wayne’s supposed entrepreneurship, that will give us a lot of things to talk about and I doubt about the longevity of their relationship.
Brandon and Mary, have never met in person but spend all their time together on video calls. Mary’s possessiveness and emotional outbursts are the highlight here as well as their lack of physical intimacy despite engaging in phone sex.
90 Day Fiance: The Other Way Season 5 Episode 2 Release Date
90 Day Fiance: The Other Way Season 5 Episode 2 will be broadcast by TLC and streamed by Discovery+ on Monday 17 July 2023, at 21:00 hrs Eastern Time, United States. The upcoming episode’s title is “Long Distance Medium”. Each episode lasts around one hour. In the following list, you’ll find the regional time release schedules for this dating reality show.
- Pacific Time (PT): Monday, July 17, 2023, at 18:00 hrs
- Central Time (CT): Monday, July 17, 2023, at 20:00 hrs
- Mountain Time (MT): Monday, July 17, 2023, at 19:00 hrs
- Alaska Time (AKT): Monday, July 17, 2023, at 17:00 hrs
- Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HAST): Monday, July 17, 2023, at 16:00 hrs
- British Summer Time (BST): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 02:00 hrs
- Central European Summer Time (CEST): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 03:00 hrs
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 11:00 hrs
- Sydney Time: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 11:00 hrs
- Melbourne Time: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 11:00 hrs
- Singapore Time (SGT): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 01:00 hrs
- India Standard Time (IST): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 06:30 hrs
- Japan Standard Time (JST): Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 10:00 hrs
90 Day Fiance: The Other Way Season 5 Official Trailer
90 Day Fiance The Other Way Episode Guide
Previous seasons of 90 Day Fiance usually consist of no less than 18 episodes that air weekly, with the last three being a reunion tell-all style. So far, TLC has confirmed the dates for the first five. But we’ll keep an eye out and let you know with an update when the rest of the episodes land.
- Episode 1 “Far Trek: The Next Generation” Monday 10 July 2023
- Episode 2 “Long Distance Medium” Monday 17 July 2023
- Episode 3 “How I Haven’t Met Your Mother” Monday 24 July 2023
- Episode 4 “Mad About What You Said” Monday 31 July 2023
- Episode 5 “My So-Called Wi-Fi” Monday 7 August 2023
How To Watch 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way Season 5 Episodes?
Watch the latest season of 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way via TLC on the times and dates described above. You can stream this show from TLC’s website or its app with your cable credentials.
Since 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way is an ongoing season, live television subscription providers like Hulu + Live TV, Spectrum on Demand, Philo, Fubo TV and Directv Streaming will stream the show during its broadcast times.
Stream 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way With Discovery+
If you like the 90 Day Fiance franchise, we recommend you get a Discovery+ subscription. Discovery+ is a WarnerMedia-owned streaming platform that distributes all the content created by Discovery networks and filial channels.
Starting from $5,99 a month, you will get unlimited ad-free access to the vast catalog that Discovery has for you, this includes TLC with all of their reality shows, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Food Network, A&E, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Discovery Kids and many more.
You can get Discovery+ as a standalone platform or bundle it on top of your Amazon Prime Video subscription.