The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza Gets September 13 Premiere Date on Adult Swim

Jordan Mendoza’s new live-action sketch comedy series blends surreal horror and absurd humor with guest appearances from Steve Buscemi, Wanda Sykes, Randall Park, and more.

Thread

Jordan Mendoza stars in The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza, Adult Swim’s new live-action sketch comedy series premiering on September 13.

Adult Swim has set a September 13 premiere date for The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza, a new live-action sketch series created by writer, comedian, actor, and filmmaker Jordan Mendoza. The quarter-hour comedy will debut at midnight ET/PT and follows a terrified man as he navigates a series of bizarre, frightening, and hilarious dreamscapes.

Mendoza created, stars in, directs, and executive produces the series, which blends surreal horror with sharp comedy while exploring fears rooted in the subconscious. According to Adult Swim, the show examines anxieties that are both deeply personal and universally recognizable through an increasingly absurd collection of nightmares and strange situations.

The freshman series also features an impressive group of guest performers, including Thomas Lennon, Marc Maron, Fred Melamed, Haley Joel Osment, Randall Park, Wanda Sykes, Eva Victor, and Steve Buscemi. With Mendoza at the center of the series, The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza is set to introduce a distinctly unconventional new comedy voice to Adult Swim’s live-action lineup.

Jordan Mendoza Brings His Surreal Comedy Style to Adult Swim

Adult Swim’s Head of Development and Current Series, Cameron Tang, praised Mendoza’s distinctive creative voice while announcing the upcoming series.

“There’s nothing more exciting than finding a creator with a voice that feels completely their own, and Jordan is exactly that,”

Tang said.

“He’s funny, brutally honest, and impossible to mistake for anyone else. This show lets him fully do his thing, alongside an incredible collection of performers eager to step into his unique and unsettling world.”

Mendoza previously worked on projects including Dave, Chad Powers, Overcompensating, Big Mouth, and Ziwe. Responding to the announcement in his own unconventional style, Mendoza said,

“Wowee! I can’t believe this is finally happening,”

before joking about having a dream that the show and the years spent making it had been “like a big prank.”

He added, “Cried dis mornin,” while expressing gratitude to Adult Swim, Cameron Tang, Avalon, and the people involved in bringing the project to television.

The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza is produced for Adult Swim by Avalon, the production company behind projects including Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Workaholics, Starstruck, and Taskmaster. The executive producers include Mendoza, Aaron Brown, David Martin, and Jonathan Stern, while Jim Fagan and David Machajewski serve as co-executive producers and Emma Ferreira is a producer.

Christopher Bear has created the original music for the series. The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza premieres Sunday, September 13, at midnight ET/PT on Adult Swim.

Verified since 2020 Senior Content Writer

Justin Oneal is a Senior Content Writer at OtakuKart and one of the publication's most prolific contributors, with nearly 1,000 published articles. His coverage spans anime, manga, manhwa chapter releases, gaming, and lifestyle pieces, with a parallel passion for political commentary and a personal YouTube presence.

THREAD

Share your take. All comments are held for review before appearing.

Be the first to share your thoughts.