Time to feast our eyes again —because our tastebuds can’t— with another season of The Great British Bake Off, a reality competition pastry series in which the most talented chefs from the United Kingdom will have to deal with demanding challenges from their judge’s panel to see who can make the best cake, pastry, cookie, biscuit, you name it!
Now, ahead of the premiere, we prepared for you all the necessary information so you can be well on your way and informed to sit down and watch The Great British Bake Off Season 14. A word of the wise, though, if you have a sweet tooth, don’t watch the show on an empty stomach, because the amazing things you’ll see here will leave you hungry!
The Great British Bake Off Season 14 Preview
The show uses a weekly elimination process to determine which of the amateur participants is the finest all-around baker. Twelve were selected for the next two series, thirteen for the fourth and tenth, and twelve for the fifth, sixth, and eleventh series. Ten participants were selected for the first season.
Each week’s topic serves as the basis for three challenges that amateur bakers must complete in each episode: a trademark bake, a technical challenge, and a show-stopper. Filming for the three tasks spans two days, with up to 16 hours each day. “Cake Week” occurs during the first week of the tournament every year.
The judges evaluate the competitors and select a “Star Baker” for the week. They also eliminate one person, though two bakers may be eliminated if the number of contestants is odd in a given year or if there is a non-elimination a week earlier. Three bakers remain in the final round, and one is selected as the winner.
There are several challenges, like the “signature challenge”, in which novice bakers showcase their tried-and-true recipes for baked goods they could produce for their loved ones.
Then, there’s a technical difficulty challenge that calls for sufficient technical expertise and experience to generate a specific final product with little to no guidance. The same recipe is supplied to each baker, and they are not informed in advance of the challenge’s nature. The final goods are rated from worst to excellent after blind evaluation. They set up their cakes behind the subject’s picture.
Then, we have the Showstopper; in this challenge, the bakers will need to showcase their abilities. The judges prefer a bake that is exceptionally flavorful in addition to having a polished appearance.
The Great British Bake Off Season 14 Episode 1 Release Date
The Great British Bake Off Season 14 Episode 1 will be broadcast by Channel 4 UK on Tuesday, 26 September 2023, at 15:00 hrs Eastern Time, United States. Each episode lasts around an hour, and in the upcoming list, you’ll find the time release schedules for the program.
- Pacific Time (PT): September 26, 2023, at 12:00 (12:00 PM)
- Central Time (CT): September 26, 2023, at 14:00 (2:00 PM)
- Mountain Time (MT): September 26, 2023, at 13:00 (1:00 PM)
- British Summer Time (BST): September 26, 2023, at 20:00 (8:00 PM)
- Central European Summer Time (CEST): September 26, 2023, at 21:00 (9:00 PM)
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): September 27, 2023, at 05:00 (5:00 AM) on the following day
- Sydney Time (Australia): September 27, 2023, at 05:00 (5:00 AM) on the following day
- Melbourne Time (Australia): September 27, 2023, at 05:00 (5:00 AM) on the following day
- Brisbane Time (Australia): September 27, 2023, at 04:00 (4:00 AM) on the following day
- India Standard Time (IST): September 27, 2023, at 00:30 (12:30 AM) on the following day
- Singapore Time (SGT): September 27, 2023, at 03:00 (3:00 AM) on the following day
- New Zealand Standard Time (NZST): September 27, 2023, at 11:00 (11:00 AM) on the following day
The Great British Bake Off Season 14 Episode Guide
The Great British Bake Off typically consists of ten episodes per season. The upcoming season, scheduled to begin in late September 2023, will follow the same format with a weekly release of each episode, spanning a ten-episode run. Consult our episode guide and never miss a single chapter of this competition.
- Episode 1: “Cake Week” – Tuesday 26 September 2023
- Episode 2: “Biscuit Week” – Tuesday 3 October 2023
- Episode 3: “TBA” – 10 October 2023
- Episode 4: “TBA” – 17 October 2023
- Episode 5: “TBA” – 24 October 2023
- Episode 6: “TBA” – 31 October 2023
- Episode 7: “TBA” – 7 November 2023
- Episode 8: “TBA” – 14 November 2023
- Episode 9: “TBA” – 21 November 2023
- Episode 10: “TBA: 28 November 2023
Where To Watch The Great British Bake Off Season 14 Episodes?
Catch the latest episodes of The Great Bake Off Season 14 via Channel 4, its website, or its app during the times and dates described above if you live in the United Kingdom. Furthermore, using the online platforms for Channel 4 for UK residents is completely free if you provide your television license and email.
If you reside outside the United Kingdom and wish to use these platforms, you’ll have to employ a virtual private network service (VPN), connect to the UK, navigate to those platforms, and provide your credentials.
Now, if that’s too much of a hassle for you, you can also catch the episodes when they land on Netflix.
Also Read: 24 TV Shows Like Bodyguard You Need To Watch