TLC’s polygamy-centered unscripted reality show keeps giving us tons of drama in all sorts of ways. Sister Wives Season 18 is nearing its conclusion, and it hasn’t been easy for anyone. The wives are emotionally torn, and Kody can’t say he’s polygamous because his actions have managed to push away the women in his life, and his character behavior flaws are showing up all over the place.
With some dark humor, a failed attempt at two different road trips, some rather untruthful confessionals, and yes, the talk of getting into the dating world using apps to engage in polygamy results in a melange of discontent, uncertainty and problems for a dysfunctional family that’s beginning to realize that whether or not the cameras are on, the contempt for the patriarch is there.
This episode, aptly titled “The Elephant in The Room” —an obvious reference to Kody— kicks off with a rather strange gender reveal during a video chat where Kody and Robyn are present, but Meri is notably not there! This polyamorous family has a lot of problems, and that’s an understatement to say they’re not entirely dysfunctional. There’s a tense atmosphere all over the episode.
Kody is nervous about his relationships with his kids. The man’s own character flaws are to blame for that. He’s detached, selfish, and emotionally crippled in the sense that he can’t or won’t open up about his feelings toward his family.
We move to Robyn, who’s trying to play a positive image with smiles in that video call, but the awkwardness is there, and if you take a closer look, you’ll start to wonder just how sincere Robyn is about these sorts of things.
Now, the show takes us with Aurora, who wants to defend her mother. Christine’s daughter is acting strange in the confessional, and Kody’s anxiety is palpable because he knows deep down that all this is his fault. The contempt his family feels for him falls entirely on him.
Jannelle and Christine go on a road trip to Idaho. They talk about Kody and the other women while they drive. Then, the show covers Kody’s trip with his buddies to Coyote Pass, a troubled voyage because they failed to move the car, and they use that situation as a metaphor to justify polygamy and its challenges.
Janelle goes on a confessional to say how uncertain and uncomfortable she feels about her relationship status, Kody is giving up too easily, and he’s the victim of his own character flaws. The dude needs therapy, pronto. We can see the divergence between how Christine is eager to date and how Janelle is reluctant to use dating apps.
This episode also covers how the tension Kody feels retro traces back to his childhood traumas. He talks to Christine about when they were kids. We also see a little bit of the legal marriage status for polygamy and how it plays financially for the wives, mainly Janelle.
Janelle has no assets or money, and that’s trouble if she’s breaking apart with Kody. How will that unfold, though?
Release Date & Where to Watch
Sister Wives Season 18 Episode 14 will be broadcast by TLC on Sunday, November 19, 2023, at 22:00 hrs Eastern Time, United States. Each episode lasts around 47 minutes. The upcoming episode’s title is “It’s Always Darkest Before Dawn”. In the following list, you’ll find the regional time release schedules for this program.
- Pacific Time (PT): Sunday at 7:00 PM (7:00 PM PT)
- Mountain Time (MT): Sunday at 8:00 PM (8:00 PM MT)
- Central Time (CT): Sunday at 9:00 PM (9:00 PM CT)
- British Standard Time (GMT): Monday at 2:00 AM (2:00 AM GMT)
- Central European Time (CET): Monday at 3:00 AM (3:00 AM CET)
- Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT): Monday at 1:00 PM (1:00 PM AEDT)
Experience the latest episodes of Sister Wives on TLC at the designated times and dates detailed above. Cable subscribers can stream Sister Wives on TLC’s website and app using their cable credentials.
As Season 18 of Sister Wives continues, various live-streaming TV providers like Directv Streaming, Fubo TV, Philo, Hulu + Live TV, Spectrum on Demand, and Sling will also air the show during scheduled broadcast times.
Consider Discovery Plus To Stream Sister Wives
If you’re a fan of Sister Wives, why not subscribe to Discovery Plus for just $5.99 per month? With Discovery Plus, you’ll get unlimited, ad-free access to a vast catalog of Discovery Networks, including TLC, Food Network, A&E, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, and more.
Discovery Plus works seamlessly on all your devices, available worldwide. You can bundle it with your Prime Video subscription or use it as a standalone platform.
- Episode 1: “No Such Thing as a Free Lunch”, Sunday, August 20, 2023
- Episode 2: “Thanks for Nothing”, Sunday, August 27, 2023
- Episode 3: “Throwing Stones in Glass Houses”, Sunday, September 03, 2023
- Episode 4: “A Deal With the Devil”, Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Episode 5: “When the Going Gets Tough”, Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Episode 6: “The Understatement of the Year”, Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Episode 7: “Throwing in the Towel”, Sunday, October 01, 2023
- Episode 8: “The Writing Is on the Wall”, Sunday, October 08, 2023
- Episode 9: “Battle Lines Are Drawn”, Sunday, October 15, 2023
- Episode 10: “Don’t Put All Your Eggs in One Basket”, Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Episode 11: “Airing The Dirty Laundry”, Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Episode 12: “Can’t See The Forest for the Trees”, Sunday, November 05, 2023
- Episode 13: “The Elephant In The Room”, Sunday, November 12, 2023
- Episode 14: “It’s Always Darkest Before Dawn”, Sunday, November 19, 2023