Pokémon Go augmented reality, an AR mobile game that was primarily launched in the year 2016. In collaboration with The Pokémon Company and Nintendo, Niantic developed and published the game, which is of the Pokemon franchise.
The game’s artists were Mieke Hutchins, Yusuke Kozaki, and Dennis Hwang. The composer of the game was Junichi Masuda.
Pokémon Go was released on platform’s like Android and iOS. In the first year of the game launch in 2016, the app sold over 500 million downloads worldwide, and the game was considered a profitable and most used app on devices.
By the end of May 2018, Pokemon Go had over 147 million active users monthly. By the start of 29, the game had over one billion downloads, generating a revenue of $6 billion.
Perfect IV Stats for Grubbin
In September’s Pokémon Go Community Day, Grubbin takes the spotlight, making it an ideal time to capture a Grubbin with perfect IV stats. Perfect IV stats for Grubbin translate to CP values 843 at level 30 and 914 at level 35 (weather-boosted). These values are relevant for trainers above level 30 but may differ for those below.
Understanding IV Stats in Pokémon Go
In Pokémon Go, perfect stats vary depending on your intended use. For the Master League and raids, the goal is 15/15/15 IVs for optimal performance.
However, perfect IVs differ for the Great and Ultra Leagues, where lower attack and higher defense are desired. A perfect Great League Vikavolt boasts IVs of 0/14/12 and a CP of 1498 at level 18, while a perfect Ultra League Vikavolt has IVs of 2/15/15 and a CP of 2500 at level 29.5.
Vika Volt’s Viability in Different Leagues
Vikavolt is most effective in the Master League, though he’s not a standout performer. The Great and Ultra Leagues hold a middle-of-the-road position.
If you plan to use Vikavolt in the Go Battle League, catching one during this Community Day is advisable. Vikavolt’s exclusive Fast move, Volt Switch, can be a game-changer in battles.
During Community Day, you have three hours, from 2 pm to 5 pm (local time), to gather Grubbin Candy. To maximize your Candy yield, consider using Pinap or Silver Pinap Berries while catching Grubbin, assigning a buddy from the Grubbin evolution line, and activating Mega Beedrill, Mega Pinsir, or Mega Scizor for increased catch candy.
Advantages of Vikavolt in PvP Battles
For Vikavolt’s moveset, we recommend Volt Switch as the Fast Attack, with X-Scissor and Discharge as Charged Attacks. Unlocking Vikavolt’s second Charged Attack requires a significant investment of Grubbin Candy and Stardust, so only do so if you intend to use Vikavolt in the Go Battle League or raids.
If you wish to explore other moves, Vikavolt’s complete moveset includes Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, Spark, Volt Switch, Crunch, Discharge, and X-Scissor.
In battles across the Great, Ultra, and Master Leagues, Vikavolt has advantages over a range of Pokémon, including Azumarill, Pelipper, Sableye, Mandibuzz, Registeel, Tapu Fini, Walrein, Cresselia, Talonflame, Jellicent, Darkrai, Moltres, Gyarados, Melmetal, and Shadow Zapdos.
Maximizing Your Community Day Experience
This Community Day offers an excellent chance to catch shiny Grubbin, find a Grubbin with perfect IVs, and evolve it into the formidable Vikavolt. Don’t miss the event bonuses and strategic recommendations for a successful Community Day experience.
Community Day Bonuses include:
- Increased Pokémon spawns
- Shiny Pokémon: Higher rates of encountering shiny Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikavolt
- Experience: Triple catch XP, Double catch candy, and Double chance of earning XL Candy for players Level 31 or above
- Items: 3-hour Incense duration (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) and 3-hour Lure Module duration (excluding Golden Lure Modules)
- Trades: 50% less Stardust is required for trades between 2 pm to 10 pm (local time) and the ability to conduct one extra Special Trade during the event (between 2 pm to 10 pm local time)
- Photobombs: Take snapshots of your buddy to earn surprise encounters with Grubbin (up to five times)
- Field Research: Spin PokéStops for event-exclusive field research tasks with rewards including Grubbin encounters, Stardust, and Ultra Balls
- Timed Research: Complete a free timed research quest (between 2 pm to 10 pm local time) to earn one Magnetic Lure
- Stickers: New Grubbin-themed Community Day stickers
- Exclusive Move: Fully evolve a Grubbin into Vikavolt during event hours to have it learn Volt Switch, an Electric-type Fast Move
- Raids: Bonus four-star Charjabug raids (between 5 pm to 10 pm local time). Winning these raids triggers boosted shiny Grubbin appearances around the Gym for 30 minutes. Note: Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
- PokéStop Showcases: Featuring Grubbin
- Special Research: Pay-to-play Special Research quest available for $1.00 or equivalent currency. Complete it before the deadline to claim rewards.