“Queen Sugar”, the American drama TV series has returned with its fifth season and is soon going to release its 6th episode. Created by Ava DuVernay, the series made its debut on 6th September 2016. It received mixed reviews at the beginning but gradually, people started liking the show very much. In fact, over a period of time, the show built itself a huge and loyal fanbase. Currently, it has an average score of 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, 9/10 on Metacritic, and an average rating of 7.7/10 on IMDb. Consequently, year after year, the series was renewed for a new season owing to its popularity. As a result, the show is now airing its fifth season and is planning to air its sixth episode this week. So, let us discuss further in the article:
“Queen Sugar” is an American drama created by Ava DuVernay. It is based on the 2014 novel with the same name (by Natalie Baszile- an American writer). The story of the show revolves around three siblings in rural Louisiana. They deal with the death of their father (who committed suicide). However, now they have to decide the fate of an 800-acre sugarcane farm that their dad left behind. Ava DuVernay, Melissa Carter, and Oprah Winfrey are the executive producers of the show with the show being aired on Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Warner Horizon Television, Harpo Films, and Forward Movement are the production companies behind the show with Warner Bros. Television Distribution being the sole distributors. Anyhow, now let us have a look at the main cast for Season 5 of “Queen Sugar”.
- Rutina Wesley as Nova Bordelon: Rutina Wesley is an American actress who is popular for playing the role of Tara Thornton in “True Blood”. Some of her other best works include “California Winter”, “13 Sins”, “Hannibal”, and “The Perfect Guy”.
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner as Charlotte “Charley” Bordelon West: Dawn-Lyen Gardner is an American actress who rose to fame after portraying the character of Ronnie Wilkes in “Viper”. She has also been a part of many movies and shows like “Luke Cage”, “Art School Confidential”, and “The Dunning Man”.
- Kofi Siriboe as Ralph Angel Bordelon: Kofi Siriboe is an American model and actor. Some of his best works include “Girls Trip”, “The Longshots”, “Awkward”, and “Prom”.
- Omar Dorsey as Hollingsworth “Hollywood” Desonier: Omar Dorsey is an American actor. He is popular for being a part of many hit films and series like “Django Unchained”, “The Blind Side”, “Selma”, and “Bolden!”.
- Tina Lifford as Violet Bordelon: Tina Lifford is an American playwright and actress. SOme of her best works include “South Central”, “Parenthood”, “Letters from a Killer”, and “The Devil’s Dolls”.
- Bianca Lawson as Darla Sutton: Bianca Lawson is an American actress. Some of her best works include “Bones”, “Primary Colors”, “Saved by the Bell: The New Class”, and “Pretty Little Liars”.
What to expect from the upcoming episode of “Queen Sugar”?
The title for Episode 6 of “Queen Sugar” Season 5 is ‘May 27, 2020’. In the previous episode, we saw that Darla and Ralph get married. After going through a somewhat rough journey of almost 5 seasons with uncountable ups and downs, the couple finally tied the knot in the previous episode. It was quite a fun-loving and cheerful episode as all the characters and the fans celebrated the wedding. However, now the thrill is going to begin in the upcoming episode. You can have a look at the trailer that “Queen Sugar” has released on their official Twitter account.
— Queen Sugar (@QueenSugarOWN) March 19, 2021
When is “Queen Sugar” Season 5 Episode 6 going to release?
“Queen Sugar” Season 5 Episode 6 is going to release on 23rd March 2021 i.e. Tuesday at 8 PM ET. You can tune in to the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) channel to watch the episode at the time given above. Moreover, if you miss out on watching the episode, you can also stream it later on the official website of OWN or its app. You can also buy or rent the episodes from Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, Hulu, or Vudu. So, brace yourselves as your favorite drama returns with yet another exciting episode this season. Until then, let us know in the comments section how do you think will the story proceed from here.