Marcus G. Curry aka Mark Curry is a host, comedian, and actor from California, US. The 59 year-year-old is known for earning the majority of his net worth in his late 50’s. The actor was born on June 1st, 1961 in Oakland. His prominent milestones include his role in the famous sitcom from ABC network “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper” which aired from years 1992 to 1997. Mark’s other fan-favorite role was from “See Dad Run” from 2012 to 2014. He has become a topic of prominent discussion among the viewers for a rather high spike in his net worth at the age of 59. Let us dig deeper into his life and career and also know more about Mark Curry’s net worth. Hang on with us for a bit to know more.
Mark has a big family with 9 siblings including him. He is the youngest of them all. After passing out high school from St. Joseph Notre Dame High School, Mark attended the California state university in East Bay. He had the knack for jokes and comedy since school days and was known to make everyone laugh their lungs out. Mark said to have put his comic lines into practice on customers while he was working in a drug store. His family and friends pushed him to give a shot in the local clubs which led him to become popular.
Later on, in life, he joined the list of most popular stand-up comics from Oakland. In the beginning years of his career, he was more into TV roles. After few years he entered films with hi8s first cameo role being in the film ‘Talkin’ dirty after dark’ in the latter part of 1991. As he is prominently known from the TV series Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper which started in 1992 and has become the main contributor to his gained fame.
Mark Curry Net Worth
Mark Curry’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million as of 2016 and to date. Mark kicked off his career in 1990 through roles in television networks and films. His Career was pulled off from the year 1990. Along with being an amazing actor and comedian Mark was also into hosting shows and featured in several music videos. Most of the shows he hosted were on Comedy Central which contributed to his source of income and wealth.
He often appeared on many television shows like The Jamie Foxx Show, Martin, Fat Actress, Less Than Perfect, The Drew Carey Show, and The Secret Life of an American Teenager. Far later on in the 2000s, he took part in the comedy show “See Dad Run” which was the first live-action comic show of Nick at Nite. Mark hosted many shows which include Animal Tails, Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush, and Coming to the stage on the Comedy Central network. In 2001 Mark suffered a serious accident which accounted for 20% of burns on his body and was admitted into a hospital. His condition was so critical that he was in a medically induced coma for 3 days. It was a bizarre accident when an aerosol can burst behind a water heater.
Films and TV series
- Mark’s debut cameo role in a comedy film named “Talkin’ Dirty After Dark” in 1991 alongside Martin Lawrence.
- From 1992 to 1997 He starred in a well-known TV series “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper”.
- He appeared in the drama ‘Panther’ by Mario Van Peebles’ in 1995.
- His other drama appearance was in the year 1997 in ‘Switchback’ alongside Dennis Quaid and Danny Glover.
- Mark bagged a gig to play a minor role in “Armageddon” next to Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, and Billy Bob Thornton in 1998.
- In the year 2000 he played minor roles in “The Drew Carey Show” and “A Man Is Mostly Water” by Fred Parnes.
- He starred in Steve Boyum’s film “Motocrossed” and also in “The Poof Point” in 2001.
- Later the following year he joined the cast of “Bad Boy” starring next to Elizabeth Hurley and Denis Leary.
- In the following 2005, he bagged roles in TV series like “Fat Actress” and “Less Than Perfect” which are major milestones.
- He starred alongside Danny Trejo and Kevin Sorbo in “Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury” in the year 2011.
- Mark later took part in the series “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” from 2011-12.
- From 2012 -14 he was a part of the series “See Dad Run”.
- In 2015 he joined the cast of two films “Instant Mom” and “Black Jesus”.
- Mark was the host of “Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush” which aired on Comedy Central in 2000.
- In 2003 he hosted two shows at PAX-TV “Animal Tails” and BET’s show “Coming to the Stage”.
- The following year he took part in the show “Celebrity Yucatan” and ended up in second place to former basketball player Dennis Rodman.
- In 2008 he gave a stand-up performance at the Comedy Festival Laffapalooza with the host being Tracy Morgan.
- He went along with many stars on the “Royal Comedy Tour”. The others include Sommore, Bruce Bruce, Tony Rock, and Earthquake in the year 2021.
- He also joined on the “Sommore’s Standing Ovation Comedy Tour” alongside many other including Bill Bellamy and Tommy Davidson.
Music videos and features
- Mark appeared on Too short’s music video named “I Ain’t Trippin”.
- He was also there in a Bow Wow video “Take Ya Home”.
- Luniz featured Mark in his music video “Oakland Raiders”.
All of the above features and roles bagged him the fortune he currently has. Stay tuned to now more updates about the latest information.
Also read: Sennett Devermont Net Worth: How Rich Is He?