2K games announced a new player joining as a playable character for their upcoming Sports game WWE 2K22. Who is the new playable character coming in WWE 2K22? He is none other than the rapper Machine Gun Kelly. When will he come to the game, on the release of the game or after release? In this blog, we will discuss everything regarding this new character for WWE 2K22 in detail. WWE is a series of wrestling-simulation sports video games.
THQ published the WWE games from 2000 until 2012, but from 2013 onwards, 2K Sports took the publishing role. The first game in the WWE franchise called WWF SmackDown was released in 2000 for PlayStation. This game became a best-seller and had a positive reception upon release. When 2K took over, the title in the franchise changed to 2K, with the first game called WWE 2K14. WWE 2K14 was released in 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Overall the WWE video game franchise is very successful, critically and commercially. WWE video game franchise has sold over 10 million units.
Machine Gun Kelly As Playable Character In WWE 2K22
Even before the release of the 2K22, 2K Sports has made an announcement for a new playable character for the game. The upcoming playable character for WWE 2K22 is the rapper, singer, and musician Machine Gun Kelly. Machine Gun Kelly is now the official partner of WWE 2K games moving forward, as he is also the executive soundtrack producer for 2K22.
Before anything, Machine Gun Kelly is a long-time fan of the WWE. Machine Gun Kelly is and has been an important and integral part of the WWE family, according to WWE Music Group’s Senior Vice President and General Manager, Neil Lawi. His involvement in this media includes performances in WrestleMania and Tribute to the Troops, official soundtracks for the premium live events, etc. Machine Gun Kelly also has some appearances in the storylines of WWE programming. The soundtrack for the game has a vast array of talented artists, where the fans can expect talents like The Weeknd, Kenny Hoopla, etc.
- Concert for Aliens from Machine Gun Kelly
- Body Bag from Machine Gun Kelly ft. YUNGBLUD & Bert McCracken
- Protect Ya Neck from Wu-Tang Clan
- Motorhead – “Iron Fist;”
- Say Cheese (Live NXT version) from Poppy
- Typhoons from Royal Blood
- Happy Song from Bring Me The Horizon
- Heartless from The Weeknd
- I Don’t Wanna Be Blind from Turnstile
- The Final Episode (Let’s Change the Channel) from Asking Alexandria
- Hollywood Sucks from KennyHoopla
What Else to Expect From WWE 2K22
Since the disastrous and unsuccessful launch of WWE 2K21, Visual Concepts took a break from the annual release of WWE 2K titles. The developers promised that the next title, WWE 2K22, will have more focus on quality. Initially, plans were to release 2K21 in 2021, but 2K canceled the project. 2K22 will have work on a rebuilt game engine, where the controls will be smooth.
Here is everything revealed till now
- MyRise – The rebranded career mode of WWE 2K22. The story will be different for both male and female protagonists.
- 2K Showcase – 2K Showcase will return in WWE 2K22, which will feature all the biggest moments of Rey Mysterio’s career.
- Universe Mode – The option to control and experience a customized full year of WWE events returns in the upcoming installment. Several new updates will also come for Universe Mode, such as the ability to change camera angles, single superstar playing exclusivity, etc.
- MyFACTION – A new mode where players can collect, manage and upgrade a superstar with updates and weekly events.
Also Read: Bayonetta 2 Ending Explained: What Happens To Balder?
WWE 2K22 Game & Machine Gun Kelly Release Date
When can fans expect the music rapper and singer to release in WWE 2K22? Will he arrive at the release of the game? The first official announcement for Machine Gun Kelly’s involvement in WWE 2K22 came on 24 February 2022, where it was also announced that he would be executive soundtrack producer of the game.
The developers, Visual Concepts, and publisher, 2K, have not put out anything regarding the release of Machine Gun Kelly as a playable character in the game. The only thing we know regarding his release date, according to the developers, is sometime after the release of WWE 2K22 as a DLC.
WWE 2K22 will release worldwide on 11 March 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows. The game is up for a pre-order and has three editions:
- Standard Edition
- nWo 4-Life Edition
- Deluxe Edition
The nWo 4-Life and Deluxe Edition of 2K22 will release three days early, i.e., on 8 March 2022, before the Standard Edition of the game.
Also Read: Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Ending Explained & Plot Summary