Fans of Sam Worthington are to know when the DVD for the blockbuster film Avatar’s sequel will be available to the audience for them to watch and rent. Watching a movie on a DVD from the comfort of the four walls of one’s home is always exciting, as who would want to keep purchasing streaming platforms’ subscriptions when you could get the same for a one-time payment?
Avatar: The Way Of Water is the second film installment in the planned four sequels of the film. Directed by James Cameron and written by James Cameron and Rick Jaffa, the movie left the audience spellbound and wishing for more. The film picked up from the end of the first film, and the audience got to witness Jake Sully living a blissful life with his wife and three kids for a while before everything got snatched from him. Parts of the film took inspiration from the Maori Culture of New Zealand.
James Cameron and Jon Landau produced the film’s sequel under Lightstorm Entertainment in partnership with TSG Entertainment II. Russell Carpenter did the cinematography for the film, while 20th Century Studio distributed the film. The film proved to be a massive success at the box office, with a collection of $2.317 billion. The initial budget of the film was around 350-460M.
The film premiered on December 16, 2023, and had a runtime of 192 minutes. The fan’s wait for the release of the film’s DVD version will be over in just a few days, with its premiere date set for this month. The movie’s filming began on August 15, 2017, at Manhattan Beach, California, as the primary location.
‘The plans for making the film’s sequel depended on the first film’s success, and as it was a blockbuster at the box office, the filming of the sequel was confirmed in 2010. The film received a mostly positive review, with the visual cinematic representation being stunningly appreciated. The viewers felt the film was worth a watch and had a nice plot line.
Though the audience felt that even though the film had nice visuals, it was excessively long, and the creators didn’t need to prolong the movie unnecessarily. Sam Worthington did an amazing job portraying the role of Jake Sully. His character was convincing and had an ease to it.
Avatar: The Way Of Water – Cast
The kick-ass cast of the film includes several well-known actors. The core cast includes-
- Sam Worthington portrays the character of Jake Sully, the former human turned Na’vi after falling in love with Neytiri. He has turned the leader of the Omatikaya clan and raises his family with Neytiri.
- Zoe Saldana portrays the role of Neytiri, the daughter of the former chief, Jake’s mate, and the mother of his children.
- Sigourney Weaver portrays Kiri te Suli, the adopted daughter of Jake and Neytiri and the biological daughter of Dr. Grace. Dr. Grace’s Navi Avatar gave birth to Kiri before dying.
- Stephen Lang portrays Colonel Miles Quaritch, the film’s antagonist and a human military officer responsible for leading the paramilitary security division who got killed by Neytiri and got revived as a recombinant to avenge his death.
- Kate Winslet portrays Ronal, the Pregnant wife of Tonowari, Metkayina chief, and the mother of his children.
- Cliff Curtis portrays Tonowari, chief of Metkayina, for whom Jake requests refuge for himself and his family.
- Joel Davil portrays Dr. Norm Spellman former member of the Avatar team who supported the Navi.
- Edie Falco portrays General Frances Ardmore, commander in charge of the RDA’s interests.
- Brendan Cowell portrays Captain Mick, head of RDA private sector of the marine hunting vessel.
- Jemaine Clement is the character of Dr. Ian Garvin, a marine biologist who works for RDA.
- Jamie Flatters is the character of Neteyam, the oldest son of Neytiri and Jake. Neteyam is responsible and always tries to protect his siblings.
- Britian Dalton portrays Lo’ak Suli, the younger son of Jake and Neytiri, a little troublemaker who always lands the sibling in trouble.
- Trinity Bliss portrays Tuk, the youngest daughter of Jake and Suli, who’s closer to her younger brother and looks up to her older sibling.
- Jack Champion portrays Miles Spider, the adopted sibling of Jake and Neytiri, who is inseparable from them. He is Quaritch’s son who got left behind on Pandora.
- Bailey Bass portrays Tsireya, the daughter of Ronal and Tonowari, who has a kind heart. She is friendly and loved by her people.
- Filip Geljo portrays Aonung, a male hunter, and Tonowari and Ronal’s son. He is goofy and takes an instant dislike of Jake’s sons.
- Duan Evans Jr as Rotxo, hunter of Metkayina.
Avatar: The Way Of Water- Premise
The film begins with Jake and his family blissfully living sixteen years after the Navi rebelled against the RDA invasion of Pandora. Jake Sully is now the leader of the Omatikaya clan and is raising his children with Neytiri. Their peace isn’t long-lived as RDA, led by Frances Ardmore, their new leader, returns to colonize Pandora, as Earth is struggling to survive.
The new recombinants arriving at Navi are implanted with the memories of the deceased human soldiers. Quaritch’s recombinant is serving as the leader of the colonizing campaign of Pandora. During a mission, Quaritch and his soldier are successful in capturing Jake and Neyitri’s children. Several Quartich’s soldiers die when Neyitri and Jake come to free their children. The duo is successful in freeing their children, but Spider remains in the captivity of Quaritch.
Knowing of the damage Spider’s knowledge about them could cause, Jake decided to leave with his family and live in exile. They take refuge under the Metkayin clan, where they learn the ways of the reef people. Lo’ak befriends Tsireya, the chief’s daughter, and Kiri develops a bond with the sea. Lo’ak apologizes to the chief’s son on Jake’s instance after he defends Kiri against them.
Lo’ak is left stranded in the predator’s territory after being enticed by Lo’ak and his friends. Payakan, a Tukun, saves Lo’ak, and they develop a bond with each other. Lo’ak wins Aonung’s friendship after his return from the predator’s land. Kiri spiritually connects with Metkayina and meets he biological mother, Grace. Quaritch tracks down Jake and his family’s whereabouts and brings Spider with them.
Quaritch joins forces with the RDA marine operations, a whaling vessel used for hunting Tulkuns for extracting their anti-aging serum. Quaritch’s squad raids the tribe and interrogates them about the whereabouts of Jake and his family. Tonowar’s tribe refuses to reveal their whereabouts. Quaritch orders the whalers to start killing Tulkun to draw Jake out of his hiding.
It is revealed Pakayan was cast out for killing the whalers who killed his mother, which goes against the pacifist way of the species. Lo’ak goes to warn Payakan and finds him captivated by the whalers. Jake and Neyitri go out to save their kids from the captivity of Quaritch. The film ends on a cliffhanger as Spider saves Quaritch from the sinking ship but refuses to go with him. Jake and his family are welcomed by Tonowari in his clan and they start to live a new life by the sea.
Avatar: The Way Of Water- Release Date Of DVD
The DVD of Avatar: The Way Of Water is all set to release at the end of April month in 2023. The Production company set the date, and the release follows the previous DVD releases done by them. The trailer of the film was launched on May 10th, 2022, and the film was released in theatres on December 16, 2023.
The film was made available for the audience to stream on digital platforms, including Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes, on March 28, 2023. The Blu-Ray for the film will be released in April 2023. Currently, the movie isn’t available on Disney+ or Amazon Prime, but the fans are anticipating these platforms to make the film available on it to the audience soon. Streaming services require a subscription.