Here, we shall discuss the online challenge that Archie Battersby was doing? Well, it’s prominently famous on Tiktok. Archie Battersby is a typical youngster who tried doing the challenge and left people in shock. Not all the pranks or challenges that are trending on social media are recommendable. Some are done by experts, with several precautions taken while filming. Especially parents should keep their young kids away from these life-threatening stunts.
Archie Battersby has done it out of fun and left being unconscious for a very long time. Also, when admitted to the hospital, the doctors found the damage to be very severe. People knowing the news are wondering about the online challenge and also about the updates of the young Archie. Let’s dig into this article to know more.
Online Challenge Done By Archie Battersby & Consequences
Archie Battersby has done the Blackout Tiktok challenge. He isn’t a celebrity but a 12-years-old young kid from Essex, England. In case you aren’t aware of what the challenge is all out, it’s more like a choking trend. The user has to hold on to his breath until passing out due to a lack of oxygen. If a brain gets low oxygen for three minutes straight, it can lead to brain damage.
The incident took place on 7 April 2022. Archie choked himself with a shoelace which eventually affected his cerebrum badly. He was found in an unconscious state at his home and immediately taken to the Royal London Hospital. It is located in Whitechapel, East London. Briefly, we may say that this challenge has led him to brain stem damage.
For this, even the experts turned down and decided to stop therapy as the cerebrum is not responding, and the folks of Archie Battersby have claimed to the High Court against the medical hospital for his therapy. Many people supported this, too, for the treatment to be ongoing. Sadly, on 31 May 2022, Archie Battersby passed away. The online challenge cost his life. Such a saddening thing it has been, creating consciousness for many.
This is not the first time that someone has been facing this. Previously, this online challenge has taken away the lives of many people. Well, Tiktok has now banned this Blackout challenge. Condolences to Archie’s family and close ones.