Roy Hodgson is an English professional football manager and player. He is the manager of Premier League club Crystal Palace. A native of Croydon, England, Roy was born on 9th August 1947. He has managed 16 alter teams in eight countries. His managing carer began with first managing Sweden with Halmstads BK in the 1976 season. The former player and football manager have been awarded various honors. He received LMA manager of the year in 2010 and Premier League manager of the mouth four times (August 1997, December 1997, October 2009, February 2010) as an individual.
In 2020, Roy sparked controversy after calling the new interpretation of the handball law is nonsense because it is running the game. Roy said that he is in shock why people are still in football as the Premier League referees and managers have allowed this rule to come into activation. He was criticizing the rule for a long time but still, it was evoked. Roy has married Sheila, and the couple shares a son, Christopher. He is very fluent in various languages such as Swedish, German, Italian, and French. The 73-year-old football manager is active since 1972 in the world of football. He has managed more teams rather than playing for them. Read below to know about his net worth.
After nearly four years of managing his boyhood club, Roy Hodgson will be stepping down as our manager at the end of this season.
Thank you for everything, Roy ❤️💙
— Crystal Palace F.C. (@CPFC) May 18, 2021
Roy Hodgson Net Worth
Roy Hodgson has a net worth of $26 million as of the updated records in 2021. Crystal Palace, with whom he has a contract of 2021 is providing him 4.5 million Euro. However, this is not the highest salary he is receiving as a Premier League Manager. Pep Guardiola has the highest salary, and he is provided 20 million Euros by Manchester city. In 2018, he received a Crystal palace renewal for 2020, and he received a raise of 2.5 million Euros. Excluding his playing career, Roy’s managerial career is what has a major contribution to his net worth. He began managing with Halmstad in 1976.
After that, he managed Bristol City, Oddevold, Malomo FF, Neuchatel, Switzerland, Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshoppers, Copenhagen, UAE, Viking, Finland, Fulham Liverpool, and West Bromwich Albion. He is currently working for Crystal Palace and has replaced Frank De Boer. Roy is managing Crystal Palace for 4 years. Roy’s real estate and other business venture (if exists) are never disclosed in public.
Roy Hodgson Interesting Facts
- Roy loves literature. He is a great admirer of the work of Mian Kunder and John Updike. He is a big fan of Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Philip Roth. This great writer has written big titles that include “The Ghost Writer” and “American Pastoral”.
- Apart from loving literature, he is mad about foreign films. So he loves to know different cultures and genres, thus haves a versatile taste in movies. “The Singer” is French work by Gerard Depardieu’s one of Roy’s favorite.
- Roy loves traveling. He has managed a vast number of countries and says that he is lucky that his job has allowed him to visit places because he loves traveling. Wherever he goes, he always visits the churches and famous sights of respectable places.
- Roy has a great fan following. He had a strong impact on Fulham that one of the Cottagers’ celeb fans who was Hugh Grant said in an open ceremony that “I Want to sleep with Roy Hodgson”.
- Roy is also a qualified PE teacher. He knows about Liverpool Culture to very great extents while his wife is also a native of the same city.
- Roy loves traveling. But do you know that he can speak many languages? Roy is multilingual. All the credits go to Roy’s international career that has taught him many languages.
- Roy is also a former manager of the United Arab Emirates in 2002.
- A very weird fact, but Roy has the smallest mouth in the football. He literally can pip Tony Mowbray’s goby a quarter of a millimeter.
- He had also done voice-over work back in the time when he was young. Most of his voice-over works were series of commercials.
- His favorite TV show is BJ and the Bear, and has a collection of every episode of the show.