2018 is at its end and it will be remembered for a variety of reasons in the anime world. The list will cover sales from December 11 to December 9, 2018. This list will include the raw yen totals of Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, music CDs, novels in print, and manga in print. However, it will not include games, film tickets, digital downloads, and other forms of media sales.
Before we finally begin, I would like to advise you to not be triggered by the list. It doesn’t make one series better than the other. Here is the list:
1. 7,424,797,403 The IDOLM@STER Series
2. 5,721,472,714 Love Live!
3. 5,635,490,861 One Piece
4. 4,871,035,433 Detective Conan
5. 4,459,769,902 The Seven Deadly Sins(Nakaba Suzuki)
6. 4,373,002,511 Touken Ranbu
7. 3,758,656,453 My Hero Academia
8. 3,606,385,840 Fate Series
9. 3,486,988,423 Slam Dunk
10. 3,241,294,540 That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Credits: Anime News Network
Now as you can see the biggest surprise is seeing One Piece not at the first spot. The list has a lot of famous series. 2018 was great year but, the way things are shaping up the next year will be massive. A lot of new anime will be coming out. So, please look forward to watching them.