Dolly Rebecca Parton is an American singer, songwriter, author, and actress. She is also a multi-instrumentalist, a businesswoman, and a humanitarian. Dolly is a veteran personality and is known for her country music. She was a songwriter and wrote songs for other artists only until in 1967 she made her album debut “Hello I am Dolly”. The album nudged Dolly to success and her album was one of the best debut albums at that time. Dolly’s album did not do well in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. However, her success came back with massive loads when she released new albums in 2000. Dolly also released her label, Dolly Records. Till now, she has sold more than 100 million records worldwide. In most of her albums, Dolly has performed with Porter Wagoner and Emmylou Harris & Linda Ronstadt.
In a career of 65 years, Dolly has earned a lot of respect, but no doubt she has also earned several accolades dedicated to her career. Her first award was “Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame” that she received in 1986. After her first accolade, she received continuous awards that include “Small Town of America Hall of Fame”, “East Tennessee Hall of Fame”, “Country Music Hall of Fame”, “songwriter Hall of Fame” and other halls of fame she achieved has a growing list. Apart from these, she has also been decorated with “Grammy Hall of Fame” three times (“I Will Always Love You (1974)” -2007, “Jolene (1974)” -2014 and last for “Coat of Many Colors (1971) – 2019”).
The singer and songwriter were born extremely poor. Her father was not able to pay the money to the doctor who delivered Dolly. So Dolly’s father paid the doctor with oatmeal. Read below to know more about her.
A season to blossom and grow 🌸 Happy first day of Spring! pic.twitter.com/vgb9CVkm3v
— Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) March 20, 2021
How old is Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton was born on 19th January 1946 and she is 75 years old living legend. She lived her life in a one room-cabin that was constructed on the bank of the Little Pigeon River. Dolly is a native of Pittman Center, Tennessee, US. She among the 12 children of her parents and got her middle name from her maternal great-great-grandmother, Rebecca Whitted. She married Carl Thomas Dean in 1966 and the couple is known for their happy and longest marriage. They renewed their vows on the 50th anniversary of their wedding in 2016. Dolly has accepted that she use Carl’s surname sometimes while she signs contracts.
Interesting Facts about her Dolly Parton
- Dolly is a very kind-hearted woman. She is a human being who keeps her family and humanity in the first place. Dolly has turned down the “Presidential Medal of Freedom” twice due to her husband’s bad health and the situation amid COVID-19. She even asked the legislature to remove the bill from consideration to erect her statute because according to her currently, the pandemic is more important than that.
- Apart from numerous awards and stuff, Dolly has also two Guinness Records on her name. She holds a world record for most decades with a top 20 hit on the US Country Songs chart. Dolly is also a record holder for most of the country hits as a female artist.
- People who have watched “Hannah Montana” knowns that Dolly made several appearances as Miley Cyrus role’s aunt. But very less people know that she is her godmother in real life. Dolly is a long-time friend of Miley’s Billy Ray Cyrus.
— Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) March 26, 2021
- Dolly has motion sickness. She never rides at Dollywood, a park that was opened by her. Millions of visitors visit this park every year.
- Two of her biggest hits were written by Dolly in one go. Dolly said that “I will always love you” and “Jolene” was recorded on the same cassette. So she is assuming that she wrote them at the same time.
- Her song “Jolene” was written and dedicated to a bank teller. The woman uses to flirt with her husband. Dolly said that Carl used to love to go to the bank because the bank teller used to pay him intense attention. She also added that it became a running joke between Carl and Dolly. She used to mock Carl saying that he is visiting so much to the bank as if they have got loads of money.