The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has monster enemies, and today we will talk about one of the ultimate bosses, Calamity Ganon. The last fight comes with two fights: Calamity Ganon and Dark Beast Ganon.
Before coming to the ultimate fight, you need to clear out the other four fights, which are Windblight, Waterblight, Fireblight, and Thunderblight, where we have discussed how we can defeat Thunderblight Ganon. At last, you will find Calamity Ganon, where you need to be on your toes, and if you have completed the Divine Beast quests, then you are ready for this boss fight.
Defeating those Blights and freeing the beasts will help you in defeating the Calamity Ganon and will damage the monster to his half hp. You will find Calamity Ganon at the top of the Hyrule Castle.
You can clear this fight at the start, but it will be very challenging because you can’t win by avoiding the Blights and also because you didn’t have the experience of fighting with those four blights. This is our suggestion, but if you think you can take out this monster, then you can go for the fight.
Strategy and Preparations for Calamity Ganon
The strategy is based on the previous fights with the four blights, so I will just make you remember everything one by one.
But first, let me get you what you need for these all fights:
- Master Sword: You need Master Sword to eliminate this monster. The Master Sword will have 60 attack power during this fight, boosting its DPS and making it ideal for this particular battle. The Master Sword greatly helps this fight, so be sure to acquire it before entering Hyrule Castle. There will be many enhanced powerful weapons like the Royal Guard Set, but Master Sword is something made for this type of fight.
- Ancient Shield: You need a shield that will protect you from the Leaser beams of the Calamity Ganon. You need to prepare this shield at Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.
- Armour: Don’t forget to get and upgrade your armor and your weapons. Explore every corner of Hyrule, as there are shrines and other places where you can find excellent armor.
- Foods: You will need food in this long fight as it will damage you from the attacks, and it’s necessary to prepare food. In particular, hearty foods made of hearty materials are strongly advised for boss battles because they maximize HP recovery.
How to Beat Calamity Ganon?
When you have freed all the beasts and defeated all the blights, then you don’t have to do something extraordinary as Calamity Ganon is all in one of those four blights, and you are familiar with all the fights.
Still, by guiding you through the strategy will make you remember again how you can defeat those blights.
- Windblight Strategy: Defeating Windblight was not a big deal, but the attacks are always the hampering ones. It will use tornados and other wind attacks, so it will be wise enough to dodge its attacks. It may use attacks like a vortex and send it in your direction. To make it more difficult for the attack to track you and hit you if this occurs, we advise that you move horizontally, either to the left or right.
- Waterblight Strategy: The Calamity Ganon will now use Waterblight attacks, like ice attacks. He will start teleporting and throwing ice blocks over you. Just be on your toes with a mindset of dodging. You can also use Cryonis’s ability to break the ice, as he will be teleporting really fast.
- Fireblight Strategy: These attacks can be not that serious, and it’s easy to dodge. As it is easy to dodge, you can also counterattack at the same time. Wait for Calamity Ganon’s arm to move before counterattacking, then parry to launch a flurry rush. Additionally, this action will make him open to attack, giving you the opportunity to cause damage.
- Thunderblight Strategy: These attacks are some serious things you need to deal with full focus. It will use Thunderblight attacks which are electricity and electrifying the objects such as Pillar. He will throw pillars on you with his electric charges, and you need to dodge them by running here and there.
In the last stage (After defeating Thunderblight Ganon), he will become even more aggressive and fire you with a leader of bean shoots. Just keep doing the Melle attacks and attack him with your shield. It will be a game over Calamity Ganon.