The Vampire Diaries was aired for the last time on 10th March 2017. The teenage supernatural drama series ran for 8 seasons and a total of 171 episodes on The CW TV network. It premiered on 10th September 2009.
The American drama series is set in Virginia’s Mystic Falls, a fictional town that was crafted solely for the show. The Vampire Diaries was based around the character Elena Gilbert, played by Nina Dobrev. Elena Gilbert is a teenager who grew up without her parents since they lost their lives in a tragic car accident.
The love interest Stefan Salvatore is a 162-year-old vampire with whom Elena falls in love. Complications arise when Stefan’s brother’s past lover and Elena are discovered to be lookalikes. The series is carried off by flashbacks in some parts as new lore begins to appear.
The series made a grand entrance with an average of 3.6 million viewers in the first season itself. Of all the award nominations it received, it won many Teen Choice Awards and won four People’s Choice Awards. Being the childhood show of many fans, it has come off as a blow to them since The Vampire Diaries will be leaving Netflix forever in September 2022.
Which Episode of The Vampire Diaries Show Jeremy’s Death?
Jeremy Gilbert is a protagonist of The Vampire Diaries besides Elena Gilbert. He is Elena’s biological cousin, who later became her brother as well when Elena was adopted by his parents. Without even becoming a vampire, he has been The Vampire Diaries character to die the most number of times. Let’s take a look at all the five times he has been dead before being brought back to life.
- Season 2 Episode 1. Jeremy Gilbert was given no chance even at the premiere of season 2. Caught between Damon and his failed love life, Jeremy’s neck was snapped by none other than Damon after he was rejected by Elena and Katherine.
- Season 2 Episode 22. The season ends with Jeremy’s death as well, making it his second by the time. Here, he is shot by Sheriff Forbes. Thankfully his then-girlfriend Bonnie begs her ancestors to give him his life back.
- Season 3. After being saved by Bonnie Jeremy offers his life to let her complete her spell. To do it successfully, Jeremy’s heart will be completely stopped to connect his heart to the heart of a vampire thus making it his third death.
- Season 4 Episode 6. Though Elena has promised Jeremy before that she would never hurt him, his fourth death was conveyed by Elena. But that was because she was hallucinating and thought she was attacking Connor instead of her brother.
- Season 4 Episode 14. In this episode, Jeremy’s neck gets snapped again. This time it’s done by Silas.
What Is The Future Of The Vampire Diaries?
To the fans’ disappointment, The Vampire Diaries was removed from the streaming service Netflix on 3rd September 2022. So what’s next for the series?
— The CW news (@CWshows) August 28, 2022
The next big news is that HBO Max has decided to be streaming all of the eight seasons of The Vampire Diaries from 4th September 2022. The changes that are taking place are followed by The CW, the original network that used to air the series, being sold to Nexstar. Due to this, many popular series have been canceled, including shows like Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and Legacies.
How To Watch The Vampire Diaries On HBO Max?
If you’re still not over the series and want to go back, catch The Vampire Diaries on HBO Max. HBO Max subscription plans start from $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year. The subscription is also available at $14.99 per month and $149.99 per year.
However, HBO Max is not offered with Amazon Prime as an add-on anymore. Instead, HBO can be accessed as a bundle with Hulu+Live TV package or with YouTube TV.
Besides watching The Vampire Diaries, other free shows are also available on the HBO Max app. However, the streaming site does not offer a free trial.