Valorant fans are finally getting the changes that they needed for a long time. Yoru and Viper both these agents are getting an update in this patch. Bucky too is getting a major upgrade. Valorant has been a very popular game among the masses since it has been released. It was released in June 2020. It is a very new game but it has already become a fan favorite. The gameplay mechanics will give you a feeling of Counter-Strike games but the introduction of ‘agents’ with unique abilities has made this game much more fun to play.
Currently, there are a total of 15 agents in this game. All have their unique abilities and powers. Out of these 15, 3 of them are going to get an update in this patch. Along with this, there will be some bug fixes and some other minor changes. First, let’s have a look at all the upgrades which the 3 agents are getting.
As you all know, every agent has 4 special abilities and Viper is getting an upgrade in all 4 of them.
- Enemies who cross through Viper’s Toxin Cloud, Viper’s Pit, or Poison Cloud will get inflicted with at least a 50 decay. The more they are in contact with the toxin, the more is the decrease in decay.
- In poison cloud, the decay over time will reduce from 15 to 10.
- The health regeneration has also decreased from 2.5 to 1.5
- Poison Cloud will now remain active for 2 seconds, or until the Viper loses all his fuel, after his death.
- The pickup distance of Poison Cloud has increased from 200 to 400.
- Blind distance from the wall has increased to match the blind distance from the edge of the smoke.
- Toxin Screen will be active for 2 seconds, just like Poison Cloud, once you die.
- There is a single change in this ability. The Equip time has decreased to 0.8 from 1.1
There are two more changes that will be effective in custom games. In custom games, there can be cheats and unlimited abilities enabled. The first change is that the Viper will now be able to hold “activate” on Toxic Screen and Poison Cloud in order to recall them. The second change is that Poison’s cloud landing location will be shown on the minimap.
These were all the changes that will be made in Viper’s abilities. Now moving on to Yoru.
- Instead of being refreshed on kills, Gatecrash will be now refreshed after every 35 seconds.
- The life span of a Gatecrash fragment has also increased to 30 seconds from 20 seconds.
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is released in stealth mode has also reduced from 7m to 4m.
- Some visuals have been added to the fragment for the visibility range.
- Flash Duration time of Blindside has increased to 1.5 from 1.1 seconds.
- Flash activation time has gone to 0.6 from 0.8 seconds.
- Ult points in Dimensional Drift have been reduced to 7 from 6.
- Yoru can reactivate Gatecrash ability while being in Dimensional Drift.
These were the changes that are being made to Yoru and his abilities.
Now moving on to the weapon updates. Bucky is getting a lot of upgrades on his weapon. Let’s see them.
- The bullet spread has decreased from 3.4 to 2.6 seconds in primary fire mode. (left-click)
- The bullet spread has decreased from 3.4 to 2.0 in alt-fire mode(right-click).
- The damage curve has also increased in both the fire modes. The damage will be 20dmgs per pellet in the 0-8m range. 12dmg per pellet in 8-12m range and 9dmg per pellet beyond 12m.
- The number of pellets in one shot has also decreased to just 5 from 15 in alt-fire mode. (right-click shot)
There are some updates in other abilities and modes too. Let’s have a look at them
- Big Knife will now have one Tailwind charge which will refill on a kill.
- Loadout variations will show up rarely and will contain a surprise.
- Snowball Launcher will now have Skates. This will increase its mobility and give you an edge against others, especially the lethal weapons.
- Raze’s Showstopper will now have two Blast Pack Charges. They will refill when he touches the ground.
Other Updates and Bug Fixes
Apart from all the changes mentioned above, there a few more minor updates.
You can now have a look at a person’s career from the in-game Leaderboard. The mega map will now use a mouse pointer instead of a crosshair for its map.
The developers are working on creating a better audio experience for the gamers and hence they have added a new HRTF feature in audio settings. This will enable players with headphones to play the game in simulated surround sound audio space.
For now, reloads, Deathmatch, and footsteps will be rendered with HRTF mode enabled. There have been 20 bug fixes that were being noticed by gamers across QoL, Agents, and Competitive match modes.
So these were all the changes that will be made to the game In the 2.06 patch. A lot of changes for Viper and Yoru as said above. Some minor additions and changes will make your game experience better. What are your thoughts on all the changes and which change will affect the game most? Do tell us your answers down below.