Has S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 been delayed? When will be the new release date? What will be its plot? Will it have multiplayer? The game, which was announced in 2021, at E3 created so much hype that the fans want nothing more but the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a first-person shooter and survival-horror video game franchise by GSC Game World. The first game, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., was released in 2007. The game events occur in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, where an unexpected anomaly happened that changed all the physical, chemical, and biological processes. This anomaly resulted in the appearance of mutants, numerous other anomalies, and strange valuable artifacts.
The name S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is shortened form for Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers. The influence of the franchise comes from Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky duo and from the film Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky. The franchise has a total of three games out, with the fourth one forthcoming in 2022 called S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl. The other three games are S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat. The franchise is very famous and critically positive. All three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in the franchise have sold over 15 million units as of 2021.
About S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is an upcoming game by GSC Game World. At the moment, nothing is known about the plot of the game other than its setting, which is just like its predecessor in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. It will feature dangerous mutants, factions, and (maybe some) artifacts of unbelievable value. The game will be a first-person shooter and is the fourth installment in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise.
In August 2021, GSC Game Media announced that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is ready for Unreal Engine 5.
GSC Game Media has listed some crucial information about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, and they are:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will be a one-of-a-unique first-person shooter with horror and immersive simulation.
- The players will play a part in a non-linear story that will unfold around them in a post-apocalyptic zone. This zone’s future will depend on the player.
- The game will support full modding from the community, allowing the game to get richer in element and more fun to play by others.
- The game is fully powered by Unreal Engine 5.
- There is a plan for the multiplayer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 soon after its release. The multiplayer will be a free update for the players.
The game will feature:
- English, Ukrainian, and Russian voice
- Subtitles for English, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese Traditional/Simplified, Japanese, Korean, Italian, French, and German
Also Read: Ark Survival Evolved 2.72 Update: When Is It Coming?
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 System Requirements
The official system requirements for the game are out. S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is really a heavy and power-consuming game so upgrade your PC if it does not match your specifications.
- Processor: Intel Processor I5 7600K or AMD Processor Ryzen 5 1600X
- R.A.M: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
- Storage: 150 GB
- Windows: 10/11
- Processor: Intel Processor I7 9700K or AMD Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
- R.A.M: 16 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
- Storage: 150 GB
- Windows: 10/11
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl Release Date
The game was planned to release in 2012, but the development of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 ceased two years after the announcement with no particularly clear reason. In 2018 the earliest build of a brand new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 came out from the developers, GSC Game World. Sergei Grigorovich in a podcast stated that the early reveal move was made to create hype for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, and strike a publishing deal for it at E3 2018 or Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 was officially announced in E3 2021 at Microsoft/Bethesda press conference. The initial release date for the game was 28 April 2022, but GSC Game World on 12 January 2022, tweeted about the game delay for another seven months. Thus STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl is set to release on 8 December 2022.
The game will release on Microsoft Windows 10 and 11. It will be an Xbox console exclusive and will release only on Series X/S of Xbox.
The game is up for pre-order. It is available in three editions:
- Standard Edition
- Deluxe Edition
- Ultimate Edition
Also Read: NBA 2K22 Season 4 Release Date Confirmed: What Is In The New PS5, Xbox X Update?