Narcos is back with a soft reboot! Yes, with the mishap with the location scout, it seemed the end of the series, but with some changes and a soft story reboot, Narcos is back again with its Season 4 named as Narcos Mexico.
Narcos Mexico will take us through the modern-day drug war by taking us to the start of it – The Guadalajara Cartel, which operated in the 1980’s. The cartel was the start of the modern day drug war and laid seeds for more cartels to grow in future. The show will star Diego Luna as Ángel Félix Gallardo, or “El Padrino,” and Michael Peña playing the DEA agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena. Gallardo was the leader of the Guadalajara Cartel and operated in Mexico and will be chased down by Camarena. The end of Season 3 gave us a hint about the Mexican plot of the series as well.
The cast was revamped as well, while Pedro Pascal will no longer be the part of the series, we have already told that Diego Luna and Michael Peña will be the additions to the show. The other cast includes –
- Alejandro Edda as Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman
- Jose Maria Yizpik as Amado Carillo Fuentes
- Aaron Staton as Butch Sears
- Alfonso Dosal as Benjamin Arellano Felix
- Alyssa Diaz as Mika Camarena
- Clark Freeman as Ed Heath
- Ernesto Alterio as Salvador Osuna Nava
- Fermin Martinez as Juan Jose Esparragoza Moreno (“El Azul”)
- Fernanda Urrejola as Maria Elvira
- Gerardo Taracena as Pablo Acosta
- Gorka Lasaosa as Hector Palma
- Guillermo Villegas as Sammy Alvarez
- Horacio Garcia Rojas as Tomas Morlet
Recently, Netflix released the official trailer for the season some time back and now they have released the premiere date for the show as well. Take a look –
Lock on to the date – 16th November for all new Narcos!