The very much awaited Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is finally available to preload on all the gaming consoles and PC. The game has been in waiting for a long time now. This game will be available on Playstation, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The game will support the next-gen consoles. Everyone is very excited to see the graphics on the next-gen consoles of this remastered game. Not only the graphics, but there is a good amount of change in the gameplay mechanics. You can expect the game to be more fluid and modern. There is a custom art creator on the official page of this game on EA’s site. You can check it out right here.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is basically the compilation of all the games in the Mass Effect series. Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3. The game is developed by Bioware and will be published by EA. Let’s have a look at all the details we know about the game like its release date, preloading instructions, and the game size.
Download Size and Preloading
Let’s talk about the game size. It is a big game, to be honest. The base game size is 67.987 GB in the USA and 87.366 GB in the EU. The total download size will go up to 80 GB in the USA and 101GB in the EU.
The huge size is enough to motivate you to preload the game so that you can wrap up the download before it has released. This will allow you to play the game the moment it has released. But how do you preload the game? Let’s find out.
First of all, you will have to preorder the game. The game costs Rs 3999 on Playstation consoles and Xbox. If you have an EA Play Pro subscription, then you will be able to get the game for free. If you haven’t preordered it then you can’t pre-load it. If you have preordered the game and are playing on an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open “My Games and apps” from the Xbox home screen.
- Select the “Games” option.
- Find Mass Effect Legendary Edition in the list of games you own.
- Press “A” on your controller, it will open the installation menu
- Select the “Manage installation on internal” option.
- If the game is available, then you will get a checkmark box “will install”. Tick it.
- Then press “Save Changes” and then the game will start downloading.
- Keep in mind that your console must be in standby mode when the downloading is in process.
Now, if you have a PS4 or a PS5, then you can preload the game by following the steps below.
- From your home screen, select the ‘library’ option.
- Select “Purchased” games to get the list of all your games
- You will find a download button beside the game icon if it is available for preloading.
- Press the download button, and the game will start downloading.
- Once again, make sure that the console is on Standby mode while the downloading is happening.
If you are a PC gamer, then preloading is very easy. Open Steam, search for Mass Effect Legendary Edition in your library. If preloading is available, then press the download button beside it. That’s it.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Release Date
With the preloading done, now comes the biggest question, when will I be able to play the game? The answer depends on where you stay and what console do you own. If you own a PS4 or PS5, then the game will be released at 12 am BST/ 1 am CET on 14th May.
If you own an Xbox console, then the game will be released at 1 AM BST/2 AM CET on 14th May. So there are around 3 days left for the release. Till then, quickly start the preloading process. 3 days is more than enough to download an 80 GB game in the current world, isn’t it?
Mass Effect is a legendary game franchise. This is a great nostalgia feeling game for all the fans of this franchise. If you have never played a single Mass Effect game and want to explore this beautiful game series, then this game could be the best way to do it. You will get every game inside this game. Even if you are stuck somewhere or want more exposure to the universe of Mass Effect, then you can check out the official info page right here.