As the release date for the most awaited sequel is closing up fans are getting brand new trailers and teasers. Incredibles 2 is all set to be released in just a few months. After a couple of TV spots popped up online, a brand new international trailer has been released! Although the complete trailer is in Japanese, it does explain many awesome new footage and action sequences that weren’t shown in any of the American trailers.
The trailer begins with some new looks at the Parr family’s upgraded house. Although, according to John Lasseter, Pixar’s chief creative officer, the film will begin “a minute” after the events of the first film – when The Incredibles encountered an as-yet-unseen villain called The Underminer. “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece,” he said. “You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes? Well, that’s where start this movie.”
As their previous home was destroyed at the end of the first movie. They’re moved into this new huge mansion as a result of Helen’s (Elastic Girl) mysterious new job. A couple of other shots in the trailer return to the new area, as well as show off some of Jack-Jack’s new powers, as Helen is outshining as a Super Hero Bob’s struggles playing as a stay-at-home parent.
Most of the footage in the trailer, including a lot of the new shots, comes from the big battle with the new villain Underminer which takes place at the very beginning of the film. Incredibles 2 picks up where the very first movie left off nearly 14 years ago; with The Underminer surfacing, downtown after Dash’s track meet.
The Incredibles 2 Release Date
The official release date of The Incredibles 2 is 15 June 2018. But fans in Brazil are lucky as they will get to see the movie one day earlier than everyone else, The movie will release in Brazil on 14 June 2018. The Incredibles 2 release date for India, Australia, Philippines, Mexico is 15 June 2018, same as US release date.
Incredibles 2 Cast
- Holly Hunter as Helen Parr / Elastigirl, who has the ability to stretch her body into many shapes and forms.
- Craig T. Nelson as Bob Parr / Mr. Incredibles, who possesses super strength and limited invulnerability.
- Sarah Vowell as Violet Parr, the family’s wallflower daughter, who can become invisible and project force fields for limited lengths of time.
- Huck Milner as Dashiell “Dash” Robert Parr (voiced by Spencer Fox in the first film), the family’s troublemaker first son, who has superhuman speed.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Lucius Best / Frozone, Bob’s best friend, who has the ability to form ice from humidity.
- Brad Bird as Edna Mode, fashion designer to the “supers” and a close friend of the Parrs’s.
- Jonathan Banks as Rick Dicker (voiced by Bud Luckey in the first film), a government agency responsible for helping the Parrs stay undercover and unremarkable. When his department is shut down, the Parrs are left to their own devices.
- Bob Odenkirk as Winston Deavor, who leads a telecommunications company with his sister Evelyn. He is a superhero fan who wants to bring back the “supers” by revamping the public’s perception of them.
- Catherine Keener as Evelyn Deavor, a technological genius who has never encountered a problem she couldn’t solve.
- Sophia Bush as Voyd, a young Elastigirl fan who aspires to be a superhero. She has the power of creating voids where objects can appear and disappear
- Isabella Rossellini as The Ambassador, a dignified foreign official committed to the support and legalization of superheroes.
- John Ratzenberger as The Underminer, a supervillain who appeared at the end of the first film and seeks to bring war and destruction upon the world.
Considering every superhero movie needs a villain, there is no official statement on who the villain of this movie is going to be, but there’s been plenty of speculation. The Underminer will definitely appear at the start of the film, Some fans are hoping for the return of Syndrome, while others have more in-depth theories that the villain will be linked in some way to Gazerbeam who is one of the heroes killed during Syndrome’s robot testing in The Incredibles.