How to stream on Twitch from Xbox? Console gaming, especially Xbox, has evolved so much over the years. The first generation Xbox came out in 2001. Forza Motorsports, Halo: Combat Evolved, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were some of the most sold games for first-gen Xbox, and it has the best graphics of that time. Xbox 360 followed the success of the first Xbox in 2005, and then Xbox One did in 2013. But the best-selling model of Microsoft’s video game console was the Xbox One. But the latest Xbox Series X and Series S, which were released in 2020, are already attracted a lot of attention because of their features.
As for the gamers, we have seen them evolving from just playing for fun to competing in tournaments against other gamers. Also, gaming has evolved so much that killing some time or competitive gaming is not the only option, as you can now stream yourself while playing. Nowadays, gamers stream their gameplays on social media platforms like Twitch and YouTube. But previously, most streamers were PC gamers. But now, Console gamers also joined the streaming business. If you also have a console and want to stream but don’t know how to do it. Then follow this article to know how to stream on Twitch from Xbox.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is an American video streaming platform where you can stream anything like cooking, music, and even your daily life. However, the platform is most known for streaming video games. Twitch came into existence in 2011 as a spin-off for Justin.tv and was solely focused on video game streaming. But the spin-off’s popularity increased way ahead of its parent company, leading to the parent company getting rebranded as Twitch Interactive in 2014. However, later that year, Amazon gained Twitch for US$970 million.
Since then, the users on this platform are just growing every day. There are even other streaming platforms like YouTube Gaming and Facebook Gaming, but Twitch is still ahead of its competitors. According to the stats from 2020, this platform has over 3 million broadcasters each month and 15 million people using the services every day.
How to stream on Twitch from Xbox for beginners?
Previously streaming from the console was a complicated process as you would require a Personal Computer and hardware like a Capture Card. However, with the evolution of the Xbox consoles, streaming is no more irritating. Now you can also become a twitch streamer by following the steps required.
- You need to install the Twitch app from the Microsoft Store on your Xbox console.
- Now start that Twitch app on your Xbox and sign in. To sign in, you will need to log in from your web browser on your phone or PC and then enter the activation code on the browser. Then your Xbox console will connect to your Twitch account.
- Start the game you want to stream and just exit to the home screen. You don’t have to begin playing the game, simply leave the game its title screen and come to the Xbox home screen.
- Open the Twitch app again and go to the Broadcast option, where you will get the dashboard to control and start your stream.
- At the Twitch broadcast dashboard, you will get access to control the volume of your mic, party chat, and even the game. You can also choose the bitrate according to your internet connection. Further, you can also select the video quality you want to stream at. The Maximum available resolution for streaming on Xbox in 1080p.
- Next, you need to enter the title for your stream. That’s it, just simply hit the “Start streaming” button to go live on twitch.
- While you play, a Twitch game bar will be available on the screen. This bar will notify you about facts like your stream’s watching, the stream’s live status, and also your mic’s status.
- If you want to take a break, then simply open the Twitch app again. As it will show a pre-loaded waiting screen to your viewers.
- If just showing the gameplay is boring for you. Then you can also show yourself while playing then you can also add a webcam. Just connect your webcam to the Xbox console, and the Twitch app will automatically detect the cam. So you need to just select the area where you want your face on the screen while streaming.
How to upgrade your streaming to make it more interesting?
The Xbox consoles have features to stream yourself on Twitch easily. However, if you want to make your stream more interesting, then you can add interesting overlays to your stream. These overlays can include some cool frames, showing your channel name and other social media accounts. You can also add the live chat on the screen or even an overlay to show new subscribers joining the stream.
But doing all this with the Twitch app on Xbox is impossible. Thus you can take help from other software like Lightstream. However, this software can cause you a monthly subscription of around the US $8. Next, you need a laptop or PC, where you can open the app and set the overlay you want on your stream and add the platform Twitch you want to stream on. Next, go to your console again and from the Twitch app on Xbox, change the Destination from Twitch to Livestream.
However, you can also use a capture card. You just need to connect a capture card to your console and then connect the card to your computer. Now install and open streaming software like OBS. On OBS, you simply select your capture card and ad the other overlays and webcam on OBS. Then you can simply start streaming on Twitch. Microsoft is working on its consoles to make it more stream-friendly. Thus, in the future, you might not need a PC at all to make the stream interesting, as you might be able to do everything from your Xbox console.