One of the most anticipated games from the fan-favorite Star Wars franchise, Star Wars Battlefront 2 released back in 2017 and if you think that the game has lost its craze, then you are wrong. Even after all these months, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is going strong, and more and more updates are coming. Recently, EA revealed all the details about the future updates that the game would receive.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 New Update:
The tweet from @EAStarWars which unveils the news read, “From new game modes to new hero appearances, get up to speed on what the future holds for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. More details on July’s update coming next week.”
The latest update which landed this week was the addition of a new mode which is titled “Hero Starfighters,” this is a multiplayer mode where two teams will compete against each other with the maximum number of team members, which is four. According to the patch notes, heroic battles will be taking place on the ground, and all Heroes loaded with a lightsaber can activate it with the push of a button.
EA developers said, “This month we’re bringing you intense space battle action and a brand new way to progress your Hero Ships, in the form of Hero Starfighters! A new 8-Player mode featuring STAR WARS’ most heroic pilots dogfighting against each other in elimination showdowns.”
If you die then you will lose your control over the Hero ship and spawn as a standard fighter, or bomber, or any other type as listed by EA. The winner of the round is decided by the number of Hero ships destroyed for a side; more hero ship destruction will make you lose the round. There will be a total of 5 rounds out of which any team who wins three will be declared as the winner of the game.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Patch Features:
- Added new Hero Starfighters mode.
- Added the Sullustan appearance to the Resistance and Rebel version of the Assault class.
- Added the ability for players to swap their appearances pre-round.
- Added stamina count to lightsaber blocking and holding block, as well as a delay before.
- The stamina starts regenerating. Stamina cost values are now significantly different for all lightsaber users.
- On Strike, Objective Delivery Zones are now visually represented in the world.
- Added Yavin map on Jetpack Cargo.
- On Hero Showdown, added elements to the HUD that show the health of team members.