Naruto to Boruto : Shinobi Striker is one of many IP titles to continue the Naruto gaming franchise. Apart from the largest running series (Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Series), Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker has done something many fans everywhere have been wanting. That feature is Character customization. Similar to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 and 2, character customization is a feature fans have wanted since the beginning of the Storm series and we are finally able to receive that feature ONLY in Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker. Apart from Character Customization, the biggest news to follow that is a beta so players can test the game and try out the unique battle mechanics. So with that said, today we are going to be discussing the Closed Beta that was announced for Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker.
To begin with ever since TGS (Tokyo Game Show) 2017, fans have been speculating the gameplay they witness from that event. At TGS 2017, four players on LAN were competing against each other on four separate PS4 consoles. What was shown in the gameplay was a mixture of the games features.
- Two Characters from Naruto Shippuden.
- Two Characters made from Character Creation.
- Wall Running
- Ninja Weapons
From watching the gameplay, players everywhere around the world were expecting the announcement of a beta so we could all experience and try out the game before anymore development is handled. We have seen betas/private betas for Dragon Ball Fighter Z and other games, however the announcement of a beta wasn’t mentioned for Naruto to Boruto : Shinobi Striker. However that news is confirmed as of today.
It has been confirmed that in December, players only in JAPAN will be able to access a Closed beta for Naruto to Boruto : Shinobi Striker for the PS4. The purpose for this closed beta for Japan is so that the developers can stress test the network of the game as players join and compete on the online server. In result, only a little amount of 5000 selected players will have the opportunity to be part of the closed beta and play Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker.
For details regarding what you can do in the beta, the following have been confirmed:
- Create and customize your character (limited options)
- Play as either Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi
- Your created character can learn from Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi
- Compete in the Hidden Leaf Village Lobby (assign teams, send messages to other players)
- VR Ninja Arena (Single player mode to learn how to play the game)
- Eight player battles at the Hokage’s Residence (Quick match mode where eight players can compete in two teams of four playing capture the flag. Teams will be random if not assigned in the Hidden Leaf Village Lobby beforehand).
In order to register for this closed beta and have an opportunity to play the game early, you can register on the Japanese Playstation Network. Registration ends on November 23, 2017 and those who have been elected at random will receive an email from Sony with a prompt to download the beta and play. It should be noted that a beta for North America and Europe will also be announced in the future, however no details have been revealed ado therefore we will update you when the time comes.