The popular hack and slash game Diablo 3 Season 25 is here! The latest Patch 2.7.2 update came with a new season. The game is available on Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, and Nintendo Switch. The players can enjoy the game in single-player as well as multiplayer mode. Diablo 3 was released on different dates and platforms between 2012 to 2018. The game became a hit since it was launched. Diablo 3 is the fastest-selling PC game in the world. As it sold more than 3.5 million copies on the first day of its launch.
Due to the amazing response by the gaming community, a sequel to Diablo 3 known as Diablo 4 is under development. It will be released in the next 2-3 years. In Season 24, Blizzard added ‘Ethereal Weapon’ in the game. The developers want to explore the dark side of Nephalem’s Past. That is why they have added Soul Shards in Season 25. Read on to find out everything you should know about the latest Season 25 of Diablo 3. We’ll talk about everything- from its start date to the PC build required.
When did Diablo 3: Season 25 start?
Fans were eagerly waiting for Season 25. After a little delay, it started on December 10, 2021. It was released with the Diablo 3’s Patch 2.7.2 update. Diablo Franchise celebrated its 25th anniversary in November 2021. They wanted players to experience the darker and evil side of the Nephalem’s past. That is why they added Soul Shards in Season 25. Now, the players can do that by experiencing the Lords of Hell. New forms of pain and suffering are available with the demons at the Sanctuary.
What are the cosmetic rewards available in Season 25?
There is good news for all the fans of Diablo 3. The awards from Season 13 are returning in Season 25. If you were not able to collect the awards in Season 13, you are now getting the golden opportunity again. Imperius is available again to unlock in Season 25. A lot of fans who like collecting pets were waiting for Bear to return. Well, the good news is that Blaine’s bear is returning in Season 25. If you are able to complete the Lords of Hell quest and successfully complete the Season 25 journey, you will be able to unlock these two exciting rewards:
- Pane of Tristram Portrait
- The Dark Lordling Pet
Also read: Diablo Season 4: Release Date; Starting Class Updates
What are Soul Shards in Season 25?
Soul Shard is a new type of gem introduced in Season 25 of Diablo 3. If unlocked, you can socket it into weapons and helmets. This will give you powerful demonic powers. Based on the Lords of Hell, there are seven different Soul Shards available in the game.
- You can stock one of 3 Prime Evil Soul Shards into Helms.
- Players can stock one of 4 Lesser Evil Soul Shards into Weapons.
- You can upgrade each Soul Shard up to 3 times. They can be upgraded using a seasonal-exclusive consumable known as ‘The Hellforge Ember’.
You have to stay aware all the time. As Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers can be dropped anywhere in Sanctuary. However, the probability of Soul Shards getting dropped by the Boss is higher.
Please keep in mind that you cannot trade Soul Shards in the game. You can only keep one Prime Soul Shard and one Less Evil Soul Shard with you at a time. Although, Soul Shards are one of the precious gems in the game. They will not transfer to your character in Season 26.
- You can stock in Lesser Evil Soul Shards into weapons. The lesser evil Soul Shards present in the game are Stain of Sin, Remnant of Pain, Dregs of Lies, and Essence of Anguish.
- You can stock in Prime Evil Soul Shards into Helms. The prime Evil Soul Shards present in the game are Silver of Terror, Fragment of Destruction, and Shard of Hatred.
What are Haedrig’s Gifts in Diablo 3 Season 25?
Apparently, if you will complete the first four chapters of the season, you unlock gifts from Haedrig in the game. The sets that are granted by Haedrig in Season 25 are as follows:
- If the class of your character is Barbarian, you will get ‘Might of the Earth’.
- However, if the class of your character is Crusader, you will get ‘Thorns of the Invoker’
- You will unlock ‘The Shadow’s Mantle’ if the class of your character is Demon Hunter.
- Players will unlock ‘Monkey King’s Garb’ if their character’s class is Monk.
- If the class of your character is Necromancer, you will unlock ‘Grace of Inarius’
- You will unlock ‘Raiment of the Jade Harvester’ if your character is a witch doctor.
- Furthermore, if your character is a Wizard, then you will unlock Firebird’s Finery.
Also read: Top 10 Action PC Games of All Time