South Korea is famously known for its reality shows and the radical concepts that it comes up with, and you must have seen a lot of your biases from Korean-pop groups taking part in shows where they can be seen engaging in different types of activities such as cooking food, dancing and playing games, along with others.
They have just started another reality show called ‘Dancing Queens on the Road,’ which shows Korean-pop stars from different eras coming up together to go on a national tour throughout the country Korea.
These stars are coming from the 2nd and 3rd generations of Korean pop, so insanely famous not only from their time of shine but even now that people are super-excited to be seeing them on their screens and on stage. Dancing Queens on the Road premiered on the 24th of May, 2023, for the first time. The show was originally named “Dance Singer Wandering Troupe,” and “Dancing Singer on the Road” was also a considered topic.
The show idea developed from a thought randomly shared by Lee Hyori one day about two years ago in the year 2021. The idea of a national tour does seem appealing to anyone, being able to visit parts of their own country while on a musical tour with members of your girl band, performing and keeping those energies up! Lee Hyori really gave the reality show producers an amazing idea with that suggestion, and tvN has always been great at grasping chances, so how could they let go of this one?
They had it by its horns, and BAm, we have a new and amazing show in front of us! There is not much known about the show, except the basic format, but things definitely seemed interesting n the first episode and will likely reveal more about the show as the episodes start coming by every week. One thing is for sure, though. We cannot get wrong with tvN and artists bunched in together. All the K-drama and K-pop lovers be on board.
What is the plotline, and who are there in the ‘Dancing Queens on the Road.’
The plotline for the show is simple, the girl band group members are on a tour of the country, and they will be meeting the common people and sharing moments of life with them. This is an opportunity for the people who love these girl Korean pop groups to have a chance at meeting them and seeing them live. The show is known to have a very wholesome vibe, easy to work through, and enjoyable at best! Korean dramas are known to be therapeutic, and this one is just the same, quiet but so loud in their personalities!
Dancing Queens on the Road premiered on the 24th of May, 2023, for the first time. The show was originally named “Dance Singer Wandering Troupe.” The show has five Girl Korean singers in the show Kim Wansun, Uhm Junghwa, Lee Hyori, BoA, and Hwasa! Kim Wansun was famously known as the “Korean Madonna” during the 1980s and 1990s, she is known for being sexy and charismatic, but these are facts that do not stand a match to her actual talent and ability.
Kim Wansun is known for her stunning dancing skills, which she worked really hard to hone through curriculums and sessions each day of her life and career. In the 80s, Wansun was just unbeatable by anyone else and had a bold look about her that wasn’t so common for female Korean pop idols.
Just a year younger than Kim Wansun, Uhm Junghwa is seen as an influential personality who has been seen as much on stage as much on people’s television screens, working as an actress in various movies and television shows, highlighting her talent and ability to do whatever she plays her hands at. She was part of a chorus group from 1987, and then it was in 1993 that she took off, so much so that it landed her so many different roles in movies and shows, making her a fan favorite. Her focus was indeed on her acting career, but for her music roles too, she was seen being bold with whatever choices she made!
Lee Hyori and Uhm Junghwa were a part of the same supergroup in 2020 called “Refund Sisters.” Lee Hyroi is much younger than the artists mentioned before, but her work is just as influential. She was said to be the ‘Nation’s fairy’ when she was part of a Korean group called Fin. K.L., this group was hugely famous during the late 1990s and 2000s.
Lee Hyori is known to be the highest-paid Korean singer of her time. Her singles were her greatest signatures to the world and were known throughout South Korea. Hyori is not only famous for her music, though, but also for her journey, as she continues to work in different reality shows highlighting her strengths and nature.
While the above-mentioned artists would be more familiar to people who were interested in Korean pop and have been following it since the 1980s and early 2000s, BoA and Hwa Sa must be names that the younger generation and newer followers of Korean pop are famous with. The only thing you need to know about BoA is that she has been labeled the ‘Queen of K-pop.’
That is it. That entails saying everything and the amount of talent BoA must have had to earn herself the title of Queen of K-pop. BoA made a name for herself not only in South Korea but also in different countries, such as Japan and China, because of her multilingual skills and ability to sing using different languages too. She has released songs in Korean, Japanese, and some even in Mandarin, making her some of the very first artists to spread Korean pop to parts outside Korea.
Hwasa is the last one of the girls on the show, and she is also the youngest. Her talent is so wide and powerful that no one could have her talent and name from growing and becoming a household name. She is known as a rapper and singer not only in South Korea but worldwide. People from the younger generations worship her for her skills and abilities! Hwasa is Ahn Hye-jin’s stage name, which she got when she debuted as a Korean pop singer with Mamamoo in 2014. She has worked with lots of different artists from different countries and made a collaboration of songs that have gone viral on the internet.
Streaming Guide for ‘Dancing Queens on the Road’
The first two episodes of the show ‘Dancing Queens on the Road’ have already been aired on the tvN streaming channel. The show premiered on the 25th of May, 2023, and was much awaited by the fans! There are tickets available for the show that will be going live at the same time that it will be released online too. The show will be live at Gwangju Metropolitan City. The schedule is mentioned down below, with ten more episodes to be released. The duration of each episode is around one and a half an hour long. The schedule is as follows,
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 1, Release Date: 25th of May 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 2, Release Date: 1st of June 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 3, Release Date: 8th of June 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 4, Release Date: 15th of June 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 5, Release Date: 22nd of June 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 6, Release Date: 29th of June 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 7, Release Date: 6th of July 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 8, Release Date: 13th of July 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 9, Release Date: 20th of July 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 10, Release Date: 27th of July 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 11, Release Date: 03rd of August 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
- Dancing Queens on the Road, Season 1, Episode 12, Release Date: 10th of August 2023, Release Time: 10:30 pm Korea Standard Time (KST).
Where can you watch ‘Dancing Queens on the Road’?
The show ‘Dancing Queens on the Road’ is available on the tvN website to be seen by the audience worldwide. The show came out on the 25th of May, 2023, at 10:30 pm KST, for the local fans. For international fans, they can use the Viu app to watch the series and stream it online! For international fans, the show will be available according to the following times,
- India – 06:30 pm Indian Standard Time (the same day)
- Britain (United Kingdom) – 02:00 pm Greenwich Mean Time (the same day)
- Australia – 11:00 pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (the same day)
- Germany – 03:00 pm Central European Time Zone (the same day)
- Canada – 09:00 am Eastern Standard Time (the same day)
Hope you give this a try! If you love Korean pop and especially girl groups, this is a MUST-WATCH! Give yourself the pleasure of watching your favorite artist in this reality show. Be back. Gotta catch up on the episode for the day after tomorrow! See yaa!