Survivors’ original inspiration, Expedition Robinson, will soon start airing an all-new season this week. Set to take place in a much more dangerous and unforgiving part of the Malaysian Forests, this season is going to be much harder than it may seem.
First seen on television way back in 1997, this survival competition only gets better as the years progress. The format for Expedition Robinson was developed by Charlie Parsons, who wanted the UK to adapt it into a series. It was the Swedish media that first came out with a show that followed his format, and the name was kept as a reference to the two shipwrecks with the name “Robinson,” where stories were heard of the crew being marooned off on a distant island.
The format of Expedition Robinson is not far off, as the contestants are sent to a deserted island or forest where they’ll stay for more than a month and compete in all kinds of physical and mental challenges. At first, the contestants will compete as a group of two, but as the episodes proceed, the number of contestants decreases causing everyone to play separately.
Elimination is carried out through group voting systems and the winner of the challenges is granted immunity or prizes such as food, first aid, and so on. Seeing the Swedish version become a hit, the American version titled “Survivor” started a few years after the premiere of Expedition Robinson.
Expedition Robinson: The Contestants of Season 23
Just as in the 5 previous seasons, the 23rd season will be taking the contestants to the island for a total period of 42 days. Around 21 contestants are set to take part in the expedition in Langkawi, Malaysia. Langkawi is known for its wet climate and forest-covered mountains, providing the perfect spot for Expedition Robinson.
The presenter for this season will be Anders Lundin. The teams will be divided based on Age, with the Young Group and the Old group. The contestants of the Young team (South Team) are:
- Alva Trané, 23, Hudiksvall
- Amanda Högvik, 27, Stockholm
- Amanda Eliasson, 28, Sällsjö
- Caroline Persson, 24, Stockholm
- Christina Onuora, 27, Solna
- Christopher Da Silva, 24, Vanersborg
- Dennis Johansson, 23, Aby
- Oskar Hammarstedt, 31, Kosta
- Salam Al Zerkani, 36, Gustavsberg
- Sohpie Sorkvist, 27, Stockholm
The contestants of the Old team (North Team) are:
- Anna Stomsi, 44 Stockholm
- Camilla Salen Sjogren, 58, Bastad
- Camilla Widing, 52, Hallsberg
- Dennis Boelius, 42, Uppsala
- Elin Ambrosiani, 40, Huddinge
- Erik Wahrolen, 39, Stockholm
- Fabian Turkaij, 55, Hudiksvall
- Pernilla Block, 50, Fiskebackskil
- Peter Andersson, 68, Vastra Frolunda
- Sanna Strand, 50, Gavle
- Zeki Demir, 46, Sodertalje
Expedition Robinson Season 22: Recap
The previous season of this Swedish series took place in the Malaysian Islands and had a total of 21 contestants. All of the contestants were to live on the island for 42 days, with the winner receiving a cash prize of 500,000 SEK ($70,000). Taking place in the fall of 2022, the 22nd season started airing on October 9th, 2022.
The division of teams was based on selections made by two contestants. They were to divide the group into tribes each having 8 contestants. The remaining ones were sent to live with three previous players of Expedition Robinson. The winner of this season was Lars-Olov Johansson.
Expedition Robinson Season 23 Episode 1: Release Date
The 23rd season of the survival game show will start airing on March 19th, 2023. New episodes of Expedition Robinson will be released on Sundays, with a single episode having a run-time of 40-45 minutes.
Expedition Robinson Season 23 Episode 1: Spoilers
The first episode will feature the contestants being introduced to the island they’ll be living on for the next 42 days. Presenter Anders Lundin will divide the contestants into groups based on their age and let them come up with shelter and food on their own.
This season is going to be interesting to watch as the older teams seem to have more experience dealing with all kinds of problems, but the younger contestants would come up with innovative ways to deal with the lack of everyday necessities.
Expedition Robinson Season 23 Episode 1: Where To Watch?
The show will start airing its episodes on TV4 at 9:00 pm EDT for viewers from Sweden. Episodes of the previous seasons of Expedition Robinson will be available to watch on RTL’s website. The timing of the release of new episodes in other places will be:
- United Kingdom: 8:00 pm, Sundays, March 19th, 2023
- United States of America & Canada: 4:00 pm, Sundays, March 19th, 2023
- Germany: 9:00 pm, Sundays, March 19th, 2023
- Malaysia: 4:00 am, Mondays, March 20th, 2023
- India: 1:30 am, Mondays, March 20th, 2023
- Philippines: 4:00 am, Mondays, March 20th, 2023
- Australia: 7:00 am, Mondays, March 20th, 2023
Also Read: How To Watch Survivor Season 44 Episodes? Streaming Guide