Roswell, New Mexico is a popular American science fiction television series of The CW network. The series is an adaptation of American author Melinda Metz’s adult book series “Roswell High.” The book series is a collection of ten books that follow three teen aliens and their human friends’ adventures. Together, they attend the fictional high school known as Ulysses F. Roswell High in Roswell, New Mexico. The television series first debuted on 15 January 2019. Both the previous seasons aired 13 episodes each. On 15 June 2020, the second season concluded with a huge cliffhanger. Since then, fans are highly anticipating the release date of the Roswell, New Mexico season 3.
The series follows the romance between an alien boy and a human girl. Liz Ortecho, a biomedical researcher and undocumented immigrants’ daughter, returns to her hometown of Roswell, New Mexico. She discovers that her teenage crush, Max Evans is an alien who has kept his other-worldly powers under wraps all these years. Liz protects his secret, and as the two reconnect, a violent attack hints at a stronger alien presence on Earth. As the duo try to figure out the source, Max’s identity is threatened to be exposed. Here, we will discuss everything we need to know about the third season of Roswell, New Mexico, including its release date, cast, and spoilers.
Plot and Spoilers of Roswell, New Mexico Season 3:
The official synopsis was released on 14 May 2020. It tells that the third season will follow the events of last year. The Roswell aliens and their allies will be under threat from a familiar stranger. The main characters will suffer through breakups, reunions, scientific advancements, and even the death of someone they hold dear. As they struggle through these conflicts, they must begin to question who enters their lives and defines who they are also, whether they have the power to run their own futures. Below are the few points that we should look out for in the upcoming season.
- The third season will acknowledge the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, they will time-skip past the quarantine and lockdown period.
- Due to the pandemic, intimacy scenes and even fight scenes will be limited for safety purposes.
- There will be fewer scenes with lots of extras in the background.
- Isobel’s new love interest will be a woman.
- The series will introduce a new character named Heath. He is an American man around 30 years of age.
- We will see the backstory of Mr. Jones.
- The third season will dig a little deeper into Max’s family history to find the relation between Mr. Jones and max.
- Season three will have a time-skip, after which Liz will meet a few new and interesting people while she is away. Liz might find a way to reconcile both her ambition and love life.
- Max will play guitar in the third season.
- One of the cast members will direct this upcoming season.
The Cast and Characters of Season 3:
Below are the old faces we will get to see as the characters and their actors’ names. The entire main cast will return in the third season.
- Liz Ortecho – Jeanine Mason
- Max Evans and Jones – Nathan Dean
- Michael Guerin – Michaeil Vlamis
- Isobel Evans-Bracken – Lily Cowles
- Alex manes – Tyler Blackburn
- Maria DeLuca – Heather Hemmens
- Kyle Valenti – Michael Trevino
- Rosa Ortecho – Amber Midthunder
Now, these are the recurring guest stars introduced in the third season of Roswell, New Mexico.
- Heath – Steven Krueger: He is Liz’s ambitious colleague at a high-tech laboratory in Los Angeles.
- Edgar – David DeSantos: He comes from an army background. Edgar is an enigmatic leader who intersects with Rosswell’s heroes on a clandestine mission to understand the unknown better.
- Jordan Bernhardt – Michael Grant Terry: Jordan is the privileged son of the town’s Mayor Bernhardt.
- Brooke Taylor – Gillian Vigman: Brooke is the new sheriff of Chaves County.
Roswell, New Mexico Season 3 Release Date:
Unfortunately, there is no official announcement for the release date of season 3 of Rosewell, New Mexico. However, the premiere will most likely be after summer 2021. High chances are sometime around June 2021. The CW confirmed the third season on 7 January 2020. Due to the pandemic, filming began on 13 October 2020. Similar to the previous seasons, the third season will also air 13 episodes.
The series was delayed a lot due to the pandemic. If not, The CW may have started airing it by February 2021. Also, before producing the third season, the show’s creator Carina Adly MacKenzie resigned from the series. Luckily, Christopher Hollier, her co-creator, remains as the only creator. Below are the titles of three episodes of the third season and the names of their directors.
- 1: Hands – Directed by Lance Anderson.
- 2: Give Me One Reason – Directed by Lance Anderson.
- 3: Black Hole Sun – Directed by April Winney