Last Updated on April 17, 2021 by OtakuKart Staff
Marvel Studios have recently confirmed the release date of the third vol. of Guardians of the Galaxy. The Studios have also revealed the main cast, and most of the actors are the same as the prequels. Currently, the third vol. is supposed to be the final vol. of the series, so it’s no wonder fans are hyped about its release.
So in this post, we will talk about guardians of the galaxy 3 release date, cast, and possible storyline. But first, let’s discuss a quick summary of Vol. 2 to understand the plot better.
Summary of Guardians of the Galaxy 2:
Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Baby Groot are now a renowned group of Guardians who are hired by people all over the galaxy for various jobs like fighting monsters. They got into trouble when Rocket stole something valuable from their client Ayesha, the Sovereign race leader. Ayesha called for an attack on the Guardians.
They almost crashed their spaceship to escape her when a mysterious person saved the group. The person introduced himself as Peter’s father, Ego. The rest of the story focuses on Peter’s dilemma to accept his father, whom he had never met, and things became worse when he found out that Ego was responsible for his mother’s death. The post-credits showed Ayesha saying that she will destroy the Guardians.
The storyline of Guardians of the Galaxy 3:
The movie’s plot has not been officiated till now, so we don’t have any plot details for it. However, there are some conclusions for the possible storyline.
- The movie will be set five to six years after Vol. 2 and after the events of Infinity War.
- We already know from Infinity War that Thor has joined the Guardians after the war, so there is a possibility that he will be there as a member.
- The Guardians will look for the past self of Gamora, who disappeared after the war.
- The movie will include Rocket’s horrendous backstory and reveal the reasons for the scars on his back.
- According to the post-credits of Vol. 2, Ayesha will try to take revenge on the Guardians.
- Our favorite Baby Groot will be an adult in the movie.
Cast and Characters:
Directed by James Gunn, the movie will have the following cast-
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord.
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora.
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket (only voice).
- Vin Diesel as Groot (only voice).
- Dave Bautista as Drax.
- Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha.
- Karen Gillan as Nebula.
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis.
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Release Date:
Originally, the movie was supposed to release in May 2020, but the shooting got on hold due to the temporary firing of James Gunn. He was eventually rehired and started working on the project again. Now the movie will arrive on the Disney+ streamer in 2022 and the theatres in 2023. You can check the announcement in the official account of Marvel Entertainment on Twitter.