The Korean Variety show Peak Time is built over one of the most intriguing ideas ever. The show is a competition between bands of idols that faced problems during and after the pandemic. A plan to revive them by giving them the stage to perform and compete with the best. A total of 24 teams fighting for a reward of ¥300 million, but even more for becoming the next greatest of all time.
We have seen singing and rapping competitions, but one between so many lost stars, that’s next level. No doubt the fan following of the show is also next level. JTBC Network released the teaser in June 2022, and after almost nine months, the first episode came on February 15, 2023. It has provided a chance for both debuted bands and bands at the edge of their debut.
The votes for the first round are live on the Peak Time website. But it would require watching the episodes before one can judge who the best is. Therefore, here we are with a list of ways you can watch Peak Time and enjoy every new performance with content.
Peak Time: Episodes Schedule
- Peak Time Episode 1: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:50 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 2: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:50 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 3: Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 4: Wednesday, March 01, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 5: Wednesday, March 08, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 6: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 7: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 8: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 9: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 10: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
- Peak Time Episode 11: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:30 PM (KST)
10:30 PM KST in different time zones is:
- 01:30 PM Greenwich Mean Time (GST)
- 07:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST)
- 10:30 PM Japanese Standard Time (JST)
- 07:30 AM Central Standard Time (CST)
- 08:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
How To Watch Peak Time Episodes In Korea?
In South Korea, Peak Time is available to stream on the online streaming platform TVING (also pronounced “Teabing”). However, the show isn’t free and requires the TVING subscription pass. The platform has no trial versions available, so the only legal way to watch includes the purchasing option.
Different subscription plans are available and range from 1000 Won/$1 to Won 10K+/$10. Accessing TVING using a VPN is useless because purchasing a plan requires a South Korean phone number for verification.
How To Watch Peak Time Episodes In Japan?
In Japan, Peak Time’s episodes are telecasted simultaneously on TV Asahi and Abema TV. TV Asahi requires a monthly subscription of 1529 Yen/ ~ $11. Abema’s premium subscription comes at around 1000 Yen per month. But the major problem in accessing these Japanese platforms is that VPNs do not work entirely.
I tried accessing them using a Japanese server, but they didn’t work entirely and not even slightly in the case of Abema. Hence, it is a great option for the people of Japan but not for viewers from other countries.
How To Watch Peak Time Episodes In Other Countries?
The best streaming platform to watch Peak Time, not only in other countries but in Korea and Japan also, is Rakuten Viki. If you usually watch Asian shows and dramas, you must have heard of Rakuten Viki. It is free, completely legal, and has a huge collection of Asian entertainment. If you don’t like ads and need HD content, you can also buy the Viki Pass at $5/month.
Like all other platforms, Viki also is limited to certain countries across the globe. And it is not available in Korea. Another problem with Viki is that it can identify a VPN connection. I tried using VPN servers from Japan, Korea, and Singapore, but the content was unavailable. While on other servers, it simply stated to turn off the VPN. Well, that doesn’t always happen, and with some luck, it will all be good.
Korean Variety shows are great, but the major problem lies in their availability. The Variety shows are mostly limited to Korea, and only a few other streaming platforms present the content. And that, too, comes with regional limitations. Let’s enjoy it while we still can because even VPNs are failing. Happy Binging!
Also Read: How To Watch The Journey of Chong Zi Episodes? Streaming Guide